Add to basket or enquire
This course is essential to anyone working with or around ladders for part of their job, including maintenance staff, building managers and the public.
- The Ups & Downs of Ladder Safety Course Description - download
Most injures occur from falling from a height shorter than two metres and can be avoided using some handy ladder knowledge. Whether you are a decorator painting some hard-to-reach areas or climbing to a second level to do some building work, ladder misuse can cause serious injury, spinal damage and even fatality. Knowing the skills to select, position and secure ladders will take fewer than 40 minutes and can prevent you or others from spending your weekends in a hospital.
When it comes to ladder safety it doesn’t matter what your position is. If you or your employees use a ladder, then you need to know how to stay safe. Everybody has a duty of care to stay safe, follow health and safety procedures (because they are designed to protect you) and learn how to mitigate risk. Which is what this course does.
What does this course cover?
- Identify and assess the common types of risks
- Recall safety pre-checks and know when to use them
- Understand safe ladder position
- Safely secure ladders with straps
- Select the appropriate ladder for the job
- Know what to do if the ladder is unsafe
- Understand when it’s not safe to use ladders
- Have knowledge on appropriate emergency procedures in the event of an accident
Who is this course for?
This course is essential to anyone working with or around ladders for part of their job, including maintenance staff, building managers and the public. So, whether you are a contractor, manager, duty holder or an employer then you must know about ladder safety.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.