Add to basket or enquire
This The Prevent Strategy online course will give an overview of Contest, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy, specifically the Prevent Strategy. This strategy is targeted at healthcare staff and focuses on Prevent as a safeguarding need.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain what the Prevent strategy is, the core principles, and the legal obligation you have in compliance with the Prevent Duty
- Identify your own practices and behaviours to safeguard adults and children in line with your organisational protocols
- Understand what makes an individual vulnerable to radicalisation, how this follows similar patterns to other forms of groom such as child sexual exploitation or gang activity involvement
- Understand how radicalisation works and how individuals can be drawn into terrorist activities
- Identify ways radicalisers can influence vulnerable people and how their message is communicated
- Identify external signs of and individual who is being drawn into terrorism
- Course Introduction – The Prevent Strategy
- What is Prevent?
- Why Does Radicalisation Occur?
- Knowledge Check – Radicalisation
- Relevance to Healthcare
- Prevent in the Health Sector
- Radicalisation of Vulnerable People
- Radicalisation Tactics
- Grooming Triangle
- Push and Pull
- Vulnerability Factors
- Notice, Check, Share
- Channel Panel
- Channel Panel Referrals
- Channel Programme
- Information Sharing
- Deciding to Share
Who is this course for?
This online course has been written at an introductory level 1 for all levels that fit the criteria to take training as part of their role. This includes
- Refresher training
- Knowledge enhancement
It is suitable for the following:
- All individuals who want to improve their knowledge and understanding of prevent strategy
- Health Care workers including Nurses, Doctors, Ambulance services, clinical and non-clinical workers
- Social Care Workers including Councils, Carers and Care assistants
- Youth workers including activity leaders, passenger transport services and volunteers
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.