London Training For Excellence
This programme enables delegates to enhance their international management skills. Delegates will learn how to manage effectively across cultures and leverage communication and work style differences.
Participants attending this program will be able to:
- Work more effectively with international colleagues.
- Adapt your communication, leadership and management styles to recognise cultural diversity.
- Improve the effectiveness of your international communications.
- Develop flexibility in your management style to address cultural differences.
- Communicate and manage effectively in an international environment.
- Identify how to manage a virtual/remote team.
The Differences of Working in an International Business Environment
- The challenges of working internationally
- Diversity, devolved power and dispersed people - how to turn these challenges into advantages
- How to work effectively with increased levels of complexity
- How does national culture affect different working styles?
- Different values in different cultures
- Methods of working across cultures: perception of time, structure and planning
- Understanding the impact of diversity and harnessing its strengths
Effective International Communication
- International communication
- Criteria for evaluating differences in communication styles
- Exploring different meeting styles
- Developing relationships and cooperation
- Identifying the link between leadership style and national culture: different sources of respect and power
- Understanding the impact of culture on management styles and practices
- Leadership styles and approaches for the international manager
- Matrix management approaches
Managing Performance in an International Context
- Motivating your staff: identifying values and managing expectations
- Managing and assessing performance
- How to give feedback in a culturally diverse environment
- Coping with conflict and finding a resolution across cultures
- Cross-cultural negotiations: understanding priorities and adapting your negotiation style
Leading Virtual Teams
- Facilitating communication between different locations and time zones
- Communicating with your team: best use of technologies and modes of communication
- Becoming an effective remote manager: top tips
- Preparing a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.