Add to basket or enquire
19th and 20th November 2020
The Effective Non-Executive Director (NED) and Board Member course is a comprehensive virtual course aimed at senior executives, consultants, business owners and founders looking for a formal board training.
The course focuses on the responsibilities of board members, from a regulatory and legal perspectives and places emphasis on risk management, succession planning and boardroom dynamics. A separate session on D&O insurance forms part of the course content.
The course is held over 2 half-days on 19 November (9 AM - 1 PM) and 20 November (9 AM - 1.45 PM).
Why take a formal board training course
- Be well prepared for NED and board roles in a variety of sectors
- Be up to date with applicable law and regulations
- Protect your reputation as a non-executive director and board member
- Create impact in and from the boardroom
- Build your network of board level peers
Why take this particular course
- Interactive session
- Small group, limited to 10 attendees
- Split over 2 half-days
- Led by established boardroom experts from recognised firms (Independent Audit and Aon) as well as experienced NEDs and chairs
- Networking included on both days
- Great platform to highlight your value proposition and raise your profile
- Understand the NED role and how it differs from the executive director role
- Correctly assess the legal, regulatory and behavioural responsibilities of the NED and board member
- Understand how to protect yourself from claims which may arise from decisions and actions taken within the scope of your board duties.
- Prepare to discharge your duty as a board member with regards to succession planning and risk management, two of many areas of board responsibilities that the COVID-19 and the pressure to have diverse and inclusive boards and workforce have heightened.
- Find out how to add value to a board, engage effectively and support the sustainable success of an organisation.
- Apply knowledge and skills to deal with far-ranging boardroom challenges.
What participants are saying about the “Effective NED and Board Member” training course by NEDonBoard
- “Wonderful insights about board experiences & what to expect of the role. Extremely worthwhile!”, Cutayar, experienced director in the healthcare industry
- “The content of the course was fascinating and very useful”, Creavy, operations executive
- “A very useful day. Professional and well run”, Ward, experienced NED in the environmental sector
- “A much deeper understanding of the NED role, the effective management of Boards, and the NED selection process”, Cohen, broad executive career experience covering project management, business management and consultancy
- “Very interesting and much to think about... all positive”, Trinick, senior manager
- “I learn more about being an effective NED and legal responsibilities: all was very useful and to the point”, James OBE, chair, and non-executive director
The Effective NED and Board Member
Split into five sessions, the course will cover the following:
1) An overview of corporate governance in the UK and key principles, and duties and liabilities of UK directors. Presentation by Independent Audit, a NEDonBoard 2020 course presentation partner.
2) What should you know when it comes to D&O insurance? Presentation by Aon, a NEDonBoard 2020 course presentation partner.
3) Risk Management for board members. Session led by Michael Bartholomeusz, NED, chair, advisory board member and former Chief Risk Officer. Senior advisor at Sicsic Advisory.
4) Succession planning for board members. Session led by Michael Bartholomeusz, NED, chair, and advisory board member.
5) Boardroom dynamics. Session led by Sharon Constançon from Genius Methods, an experienced board evaluator, non-executive director, and chair.
Who is this course for?
The “Effective NED and Board Member” course by NEDonBoard is a virtual training course held over two half-days on 19th November and 20th November. It is aimed at professionals looking to gain a formal board training to effectively discharge their duty as non-executive directors and/or board members. The course will benefit aspiring and transitioning NEDs and those recently appointed. Experienced non-executive directors that have not completed a formal board training may also benefit from attending as a refresher.
Participants are required to be familiar with the NED role and have read Section 172 of the Company Act 2006.
To become a non-executive director or an executive board member or refresh one's knowledge of the responsibilities of the NED and board member.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.