The Data Explosion and Its Impact on Fraud Detection
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) not included in price & must be purchased separately
Explore the origins of the current data explosion and learn the implications on fraud and fraud detection.
Discover how data is helping detect fraud, and learn how to use data yourself
90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years (IBM). This astonishing increase in data is what’s known as the data, or information, explosion and it has fundamentally transformed every sector of the global economy.
But it’s also transformed another area: fraud.
On this course you will learn about how the data deluge has been harnessed to detect fraud in new ways. Plus you’ll master the skills to harness big data yourself - learning how to use data to tell stories and create powerful presentations.
What topics will you cover?
- Developments that have led to the current ‘Data Explosion’
- Key concepts in fraud and fraud detection
- The ‘Fraud Triangle’ and how to leverage it in spotting fraud
- The science of perception and how to build great data-driven visuals and presentations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Articulate the developments that have fueled the data explosion
- Describe how data has impacted fraud and fraud detection
- Identify the nature of fraud, its victims and its perpetrators
- Apply knowledge to a hands-on experience by identifying potential fraud and building a data-driven presentation to present your findings
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in fraud and data, you don’t need any previous experience. It is ideal for anyone considering postgraduate study in the field, such as the online MBA and Masters in Analytics from Kogod.
It is ideal for anyone considering postgraduate study in the field, such as the online MBA and Masters in Analytics from Kogod.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.