Add to basket or enquire
The Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma - CPD Accredited
Our Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma Course is a combined version of our fantastic Sage 50 Accounts Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Diplomas & follows on from our Payroll Management Diploma. It's been given the CPD accreditation and is the perfect course for anyone looking to enhance their Sage 50 skills on to an advanced level.
The Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma
Sage 50 is one of the most common accounting packages used by small and medium-sized businesses around the world. Being easy to install and automatically updated to ensure that users act in line with the latest UK legislation, Sage 50 is a good choice for those moving from manual to computerised accounting. However, in order to get the best from Sage 50 it is important to become familiar with its functions and how to use them effectively. Once mastered, Sage 50 allows you to manage accounts, keep track of invoices, produce sales reports, and much more.
This special combined course will enable you to become a proficient user of Sage 50. Each of the three courses will provide you with step-by-step instructions that will enable you to carry out the most common accounting functions necessary in the day-to-day running of small to medium businesses. As Sage 50 is used across all sectors, this knowledge will be useful to anyone working in the financial side of a business. Below is an outline of what you can expect from this combined course.
** When purchasing this course you will be eligible to apply for the XO Student Discount Card!! You can save on brands such as New Look, Disney, ASOS, Hotels, Miss Selfridge , Domino’s and many more.**
What You Will Learn
This combined course includes the following elements:
- Sage 50 accounting for beginners
- Sage 50 accounts intermediate
- Sage 50 accounts advanced
The Sage 50 Beginners’ Course
This course teaches you the basics of account management and provides you with an overview of computerised accounting. You will learn the basic principles behind account-keeping within a business context and will be shown the advantages of the Sage 50 software. The course will guide you through your first experiences with Sage 50, demonstrating how to navigate the basic features whilst taking you through the process of entering new company information.
The course then addresses essential transactions and processes including bank reconciliation, managing petty cash, creating supplier records, and producing sales invoices. You will learn shortcut keys which will enable you to use Sage 50 in a more efficient manner. By the end of the course you will have gained an appreciation of accounting as a discipline alongside your practical knowledge of the software.
The Sage 50 Intermediate Course
This course builds on the concepts learned in the beginners’ course and assumes that you have a working knowledge of the basic features together with an understanding of simple transactions. You will begin by learning about accruals and prepayments, along with the calculation of assets and depreciation. You will not only learn how to undertake these more advanced transactions but also how to fix errors such as inaccurately processed assets.
Stock control and monitoring are also covered in depth, enabling you to manage stock levels with confidence. You will also learn how to create an audit trail for complex transactions such as those involving discounted items and credit notes.
The Sage 50 Advanced Course
This course moves beyond everyday transactions and emphasises the processes required in chasing debt and credit control. You will learn why quotations are important, and how they can improve sales. You will gain an understanding into how businesses recover credit and payment from customers, and how to keep accurate records during the process.
Audit trails are a key aspect of accurate accounting and you will gain further knowledge and insight into this process during the course. You will also gain a better understanding of budgeting, as well as how to correct common mistakes in record-keeping. Finally, you will also develop your skills in producing customised reports.
The Benefits of Our Complete Sage 50 Accounting Course
This course will give you a complete overview of all the main accounting tools Sage 50 offers, from the basic to the advanced. This will make you an attractive candidate for any position that entails company accounts including invoicing and debt management. You will not only be a proficient user of Sage 50 software, but you will also be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how financial matters are controlled within a business.
Benefits of taking the Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma:
- Study at home and online
- Study at your own pace
- Access to full online support whilst completing the course
- Easy-to-read modules packed with information
- No entry requirements
- A chance to receive an accredited qualification upon completion
If you are in a position of responsibility for keeping company accounts within a small or medium-sized business, taking this combined course will ensure that you feel confident in completing everyday transactions on a regular basis.
Sage 50 Accounting for Beginners Diploma
- Module 1 : Sage 50 Fundamentals of Accounting and Financial Management
- Module 2 : Manual and Computerised Accounting and Introduction to Sage 50
- Module 3 : Classic and Enhanced Views in Sage 50 Features and Functions of Sage 50
- Module 4 : Setting Up a New Company Entering Data for an Existing Company Navigating Practice and Demo Data
- Module 5 : Shortcut Keys and How to Navigate the Sage 50 Accounts Desktop
- Module 6 : How to Create, Modify and Review Chart of Accounts
- Module 7 : How to Create, Modify, Edit and Delete Bank Records How to Perform Bank Reconciliation
- Module 8 : Nominal Ledger, Managing Petty Cash, Customer & Supplier Records
- Module 9 : How to Perform Recurring Transactions How to Create Product and Stock Records
- Module 10 : How to Create, Set Up and Manage Sales Invoices
Sage 50 Accounts Intermediate Diploma
- Module 1 : Getting started with the Intermediate Course, Accruals and Prepayments
- Module 2 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (I)
- Module 3 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (Part II), Customer and Supplier Addresses and Purchase Orders (Part I)
- Module 4 : Intermediate Processing Purchase Orders from Product Records
- Module 5 : Purchase Orders (Part III), Stock Control and Monitoring (Part I)
- Module 6 : Stock Control and Monitoring (Part II)
- Module 7 : Inventory and Stock Control (Part III); Bill of Materials
- Module 8 : Product Pricing (Part II), Discounts and Credit Notes
- Module 9 : Discounts; How to Enter and Post a Credit Note
- Module 10 : Sales Order Processing and Completion; Audit Trail and Credit Control
Sage 50 Accounts Advanced Diploma
- Module 1 : Credit Control and Chasing Debt (Part I)
- Module 2 : Chasing Debt and Credit Control (Part II)
- Module 3 : Chasing Debt and Credit Control (Part III)
- Module 4 : How to Run and Manage your VAT Returns
- Module 5 : VAT returns (Part II), Fuel Scale Charges and Intrastat
- Module 6 : How to Use Foreign Currencies in Sage 50 (Part I)
- Module 7 : How to Use Foreign Currencies in Sage 50 (Part II); How to Convert Quotations into Sales Invoices or Orders
- Module 8 : Managing Projects (Part I)
- Module 9 : Managing Projects (Part II); Project Reports
- Module 10 : Project Reports, Report Designer and Audit Trails
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds however some basic knowledge is advisable.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is the trial Sage program sufficient to complete the course or do you need to pay for a Sage package? Also how do you get a certificate on completion?Answer:
Yes the free trial Sage program is sufficient to compete the course :) On completion you will receive a Diploma certificate.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
As I'd like to study this at home, is this an online (dummy) version of Sage that you provide for training purposes?Answer:
You can study our course from any device. Sage provide a free online trial version of the Sage 50 Accounts software, which is more than suitable to study this course and learn how to use the software. This course does not include the sage software as part of the course. The Sage 50 Accounts software itself can only run on a windows PC or laptop. In order to operate the sage software, learners will need access to a windows based PC or laptop.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is the software included? And how long would it take to complete the course roughlyAnswer:
Hi Sarah, No, the software is not included. The course duration depends entirely on the student themselves as you can study as much or little as you want, when you want. You have lifetime access to the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.