Add to basket or enquire
Pass on your skills and knowledge as well as kick-start a rewarding career with this fundamental subject.
We are all aware that a significant number of UK visitors and residents do not know English as their primary language. With the growth of English as the international language of business and communication English teachers are now finding themselves stretched to capacity. Sign up for this course and gain essential skills to inspire confidence and raise awareness of the benefits and the importance of this fascinating subject.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
An informative programme consisting of 6, easy-to-digest modules will equip you with skills to give someone the assurance to be able to express themselves and interact in English confidently. What makes it better is that you are able to study this course from anywhere at a time that suits you.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will teach the basics of English and enable you to pass on this knowledge to others.
- Understand why Individual's want to learn English.
- Identify why the "Child's Learning Environment" is perfect.
- Examine the Advantages of "Multilingualism".
- Understand "Teaching" and discuss how teaching methods have changed over time.
- Understand what the teacher has to achieve practically.
- Identify why the teacher must acquire new skills.
- Look at how a Syllabus is compiled.
- Discover the difference between a "structured" and Functional "Syllabus.
- Understand how to set "Aims and Objectives" within a syllabus.
- Understand "Language concepts" and explain the role of language.
- Explore the concepts of "Properties and Qualities".
- Examine the six main categories of spoken communication.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- You can enhance your current career status by gaining and adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Reasons for Learning
- Function of the Teacher
- The Syllabus
- Syllabus in Action
- Grammar Fundamentals
- Inspiring Confidence
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
how many hours of TEFL training is this worth?
Hi Amjid, Thank you for contacting us. This course will teach the basics of English and enable you to pass on this knowledge to others. The learning hours are 12-15 hours and you can complete the course as per your own pace and time as the course is valid for a complete 12 months. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Morning The certificate received. Is it recognised? and be used to gain employment?
Hi Sandra, Thank you for contacting us back. This is a knowledge-based training. After completing the course you will receive a course completion certificate. We don't provide the official exams with the course. You will enhance your current career status by gaining and adding this qualification to your portfolio. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What certification is received?
Hi Florence, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that after completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.