Take steps towards a rewarding career in teaching and play a vital role in the learning and development of children and young people, with the Teaching Assistant. This diploma course is endorsed by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that ensures professional, reputable certification for further education.
In this advanced diploma, you will receive practical training in all areas of teaching support, from activity planning to providing one-on-one assistance to children with special educational needs such as autism and dyslexia. Our experienced instructor will introduce a range of teaching methodologies, and you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the nature of classroom teaching environments.
This course includes case studies and practical exercises that you can apply in the real world, which will equip you with the fundamental skills required to secure a job in this field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development of children and young people
- Understand the policies, laws and procedures surrounding safeguarding children
- Familiarise with a range of teaching methodologies to engage and educate students
- Learn how to build strong working relationships with pupils and family
- Develop the essential skills to teach and provide learning support to children
- Broaden your knowledge of SEN teaching and the role of an SEN Teaching Assistant
- Explore the national teaching curriculum in the UK and framework for SEN teaching
- Get tips and advice on lesson planning and learning support activity planning
- Understand how to work in a classroom environment & deliver the current curriculum
- Earn an advanced, formal qualification in teaching to fast track your career
Module 01: Fundamentals of Teaching
- Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person
Module 02: Teaching Methodologies - Part 1
- Education – A Group Enterprise
- Traits to Develop
- Grow the Attention
- Learning Good Habits
- Importance of Memory
Module 03: Teaching Methodologies - Part 2
- Imagination is Important
- Breakdown of Thinking Process
- Appreciation – An Aesthetic Emotion
- Learning Reflexive Activities
- Differing Individuals
Module 04: Teaching Methodologies - Part 3
- Morality Matters
- Different Learning Methods
- Different Psychological Exercises
- Problems, Situations & Solutions
- Measuring the Achievements
Module 05: SEN Teaching
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher
- Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts
- How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning
- Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN
Module 06: SENCO Training
- Whole-school Planning and Organisation
- Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions
- Planning for Individual Students with SEN
- Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School
Module 07: Autism
- Introduction to Autism
- Causes and Diagnosis of Autism
- Other Conditions Associated with ASD
- In-depth Understanding and Dealing with Autistic Behaviour
- Socialising and Communication
- Choosing Schools
- What Should Teachers Do?
- Sex Education and Puberty
- Interventions: Treatments and Therapies for Autism
- Government policies on autism in England
Module 08: ADHD
- What is ADHD?
- Causes of ADHD
- Diagnosing ADHD
- Treating ADHD
- ADHD and Education
- Reasonable Adjustments: ADHD
- Adults with ADHD
Module 09: Dyslexia
- What is Dyslexia?
- Identifying Dyslexia
- Co-occurring Conditions
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- Creating Dyslexia Friendly Environment
- Solutions for Dyslexia
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate by paying the accreditation fee of £108. There is an additional £10 postal charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Who is this course for?
This endorsed diploma course is ideal for aspiring teaching assistants and those who are interested in a career in teaching children. It is also suitable for professionals who currently work in the education sector and wish to test their existing knowledge and skills. Our online courses are specially designed for distance learning, offering flexible virtual classroom modules that you can study at your own convenience.
This advanced diploma provides a stepping stone to a successful and rewarding career in teaching. On successful completion of the course, learners will have the fundamental skills and knowledge to pursue the following professions:
- Teaching Assistant
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- EYFS Teacher
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.