Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant - Working in Schools Environment
Endorsed Certificate by ABC Awards
While there are many challenging and rewarding jobs out there, only a few can measure up to working with children. If you want a career working with children, Working in School Environments – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course is perfect for you. The teaching profession is one of the oldest professions in the world and if you fancy a career in supporting children and young individuals, a teaching assistant role can be an incredibly rewarding experience. There are many individuals who enter the teaching profession in their younger years, and others who enter it later in their lives as there is a high interest in the role of teaching assistant.
Working in School Environments – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course is designed for individuals who have a passion for working with children and want to share their skills and knowledge in a school environment. The role of teaching assistant is vital to any educational setting. It is not limited to performing day to day tasks and duties. The scope is so much more and will enable individuals to exercise their own confidence in assisting the teacher with the school curriculum, covering a class, teaching individuals and groups and helping with children with special needs.
A teaching assistant could be expected to be involved a great deal more than initially expected. They could take a key role within a classroom setting. Working in School Environments – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course will give individuals a clear understanding of what is expected of them. It is not just supporting the teacher to run the classroom smoothly, but it is also supporting children who are in your care.
Course Curriculum : Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant - Working in Schools Environment
- Working in Schools Environment
- Explain the characteristics of the different types of schools in relation to educational stage(s) and school governance
- Explain the post 16 options for young people and adults
- Explain the strategic purpose of: School governors; Senior management team; Other statutory roles eg. SENCO; teachers; Support staff roles
- Explain the roles of external professionals who may work with a school eg. Educational Psychologist
- Explain how the ethos, mission, aims and values of a school may be reflected in working practices
- Evaluate methods of communicating a school’s ethos, mission, aims and values
- Summarise the laws and codes of practice affecting work in schools
- Explain how legislation affects how schools work
- Explain the roles of regulatory bodies relevant to the education sector which exist to monitor and enforce the legislative framework, including: A general bodies such as the Health and Safety Executive; School specific regulatory bodies
- Explain why schools have policies and procedures
- Summarise the policies and procedures schools may have relating to: Staff; Pupil welfare; Teaching and learning; Equality, diversity and inclusion; Parental engagement
- Evaluate how school policies and procedures may be developed and communicated
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of national and local government for education policy and practice
- Explain the role of schools in national policies relating to children, young people and families
- Explain the roles of other organisations working with children and young people and how these may impact on the work of schools
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete Working in School Environments – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £89 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
ABC Awards is an Ofqual regulated, leading national awarding body which develops diverse, high-quality vocational qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14. Founded in 1998, ABC Awards is a leading national awarding organisation with a long-established reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector. ABC Awards are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. If you gain an ABC Awards accredited qualification with Global Edulink, you will demonstrate a high level of skill, and will come away with many more opportunities open to you.
Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant – Working in School Environments by ABC Awards. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for learning support staff like teaching assistants and learning support assistants who want to contribute to learning activities while working alongside a classroom teacher.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Teaching Assistant – £12,201
- Classroom Assistant
- Welfare Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Learning Coach
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What is the basic requirement for this course and age limit? Does it apply to early years Foundation stage
Kindly note that Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT. A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Dear Mr/ Mrs, I would like to enquire about the price of this course. Are there anymore fees after paying the initial £69? Karolina
Kindly note that additionally, £89 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 instalments when you are submitting your assessments.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Just to be sure, Is it a one off payment of £ 89 for the qualification at the end, or is it £89 per assessment handed in via the online portal please.
Kindly note that apart from Initial course fee, this is a one-off payment of 89£ for the assessments.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Federica Brusca asked:
Hi I’m not sure what a level 2 is.. Would a classic diploma from Italy count as? Diploma in liceo classico. Federica
Kindly note that level 2 is considered as an award qualification. If you want a career working with children, Working in School Environments – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 3 course is perfect for you. hose who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant – Working in School Environments by ABC Awards. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.