This is a recognised (RQF) qualification, recognised by OFSTED and schools. This qualification leads directly into employment as a Teaching Assistant.
This TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning course is designed to give the knowledge required to work in a school or college with children from 5 to 19 years of age. The course covers a variety of different areas such as development, the schooling system and working with individuals in various capacities. To gain the full TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning course (RQF) you will need to pass 4 mandatory units. There are no formal examinations on this course . Full tutor support is also provided and your online tutor will guide you through lessons and online materials as well as answer any queries you may have on course content. Written by our expert tutors, the course gives an in-depth yet exciting look into supporting learning and what it means to be a Level 3 teaching assistant.
After you have registered, you will receive access to our Learning Management System which contains all the course materials. The course is broken down into individual Learning outcomes that you will be required to pass to gain your qualification.
The LMS contains all necessary resources in order for you to complete in your own time at your own pace.
This qualification is the ideal route into employment working in a support role in school and results in the TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools certification which is awarded by the most recognised awarding body within the Education sector. The TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, has been specifically designed to teach the skills needed to begin working in schools and develops understanding of the legislation, relationships and developmental techniques that are required for this role.
These are the four mandatory units that are required to achieve the TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools:
Unit 1: Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to nineteen years
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Well-being of Children and Young People
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand the need to ensure children and young people’s safety and protection in the learning environment
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Learning Outcome 5 – Understand how to work with children and young people to support their well-being
Unit 3: Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Interact with and respond to children and young people
- Interact with and respond to adults
- Communicating with children, young people and adults
- Legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Unit 4: Schools as Organisations
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand teamwork in schools and colleges
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand educational ethos, mission, aims and values
- Learning Outcome 5 – Understand the purpose of policies and procedures in education
TQUK Endorsed Certificate in Special Educational Needs SEN Level 2:
- Course Specification for TQUK SEN course
- Course Code: SEN
- Course Level: 2
- Course Content Online
Unit 1 - SEN Practical Considerations
Unit 2 - SEN Theory
Who is this course for?
This qualification is the perfect route into employment working in a support role within a Primary or Secondary school and to gain a recognised (QCF) qualification.
16 years is mandatory
To work as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary or Secondary school.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.