The Teaching Assistant: Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course is designed for individuals looking to work in supporting teaching and learning in schools, as a teaching assistant for example. The primary function of this role is to support the teacher in a classroom setting and to ensure that children and young people can benefit from each lesson.
The Teaching Assistant: Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course focuses on understanding, supporting, developing and safeguarding children and young people. The course not only covers theoretical knowledge but the practical elements that incorporate work of a teaching assistant and the skills and knowledge gained.
The Teaching Assistant: Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course gives you an understanding of a child and young person development, and helps develop the skills and knowledge you need to work in a senior role to support the teaching and learning of children aged 5 to 19 years. You can gain an nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career in the educational sector.
- Gain an understanding of how schools and colleges are organized in terms of their responsibilities and roles
- Learn how to recognise and manage risks on health, safety and security
- Learn how to safeguard children and young people and work in partnership with other organisations
- Learn what influences children and young people and how it impacts their practices
- Learn how to work with children and young people and support their well-being
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level: 3
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 180
- Credits: 32
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 320
- Qualification number (QN): 500/9745/3
Method of Assessment:
The learner must achieve 11 mandatory Level 3 units, totalling 32 credits. There are no exemptions, barred combinations or equivalent units.
The Certificate requires 32 credits. Credits from the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools can be carried over and counted towards the Certificate.
The Award will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
There is an additional fee of £299 + VAT for your assessment and certificate, payable when submitting your assessments (not at the time of registration).
Learners will need to be working or on a practical placement in a school as they need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Upon successful completion of this course will be awarded an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Learners must be 16 or over, and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This qualification provides the learner with the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and into the workforce.
The Certificate shares its mandatory units with the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.