South London College
Add to basket or enquire
To our learners
The Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak is one of the most potent threats that is endangering human lives every moment. We are indebted to the healthcare workers battling the disease on the front lines with complete self-sacrifice for our wellbeing.
If you want to have a career working with young children in primary and secondary school, taking the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is an excellent choice of course for you. You will be introduced to the skills and knowledge of how to teach children in a school setting, whether it is a regular school or a special needs school. The course is comprehensive and will focus on areas such as young people’s development, communication and safeguarding their welfare.
The certification will enhance your skills and knowledge on what it takes to work in a school environment. The course will discuss key topics, including how to maintain effective and healthy relationships with young people, children and adults.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools will give you the opportunity to gain a good income job in the capacity of a teacher, and the chance of working with young people and furthering their causes.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
You will be Eligible for 14 days immediate access to an Accredited Course from South London College.
- Check the suitability of the course compared to your requirement.
- Free 14 day temporary access to Study materials and more.
- You can upgrade temporary access to fully paid access at the end of or before 14 days.
- Complete your qualification and upgrade your skills to advance your career
- No Commitment. No Credit Card required for the 14 Days access.
- Qualification type: CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 80
- Credits: 12
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification number (QN): 500/9963/2
Course Curriculum : Teaching Assistant: Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Understand Child and Young Person Development [L/601/1693]
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People [Y/601/1695]
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults [F/601/3327]
- Schools as organisations [A/601/3326]
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
Method of Assessment
The learner must achieve 4 mandatory Level 3 units, totalling 12 credits. There are no exemptions, barred combinations or equivalent units. The Award will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor, using a range of methods. This may include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Four Mandatory Units:
- Unit 1: Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 4: Schools as organisations
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will be awarded an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a National Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the programme, you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment, along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving license.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification provides learners with the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and into the workforce.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.