Add to basket or enquire
Become an accomplished, confident Teaching Assistant, classroom assistant or a sen teacher with a specific focus on supporting special educational needs (SEN) students with this Teaching Assistant Complete course. Designed and taught by expert instructors with years of experience, you will learn everything from teaching fundamentals and practical classroom methodologies to how to provide support to children with special educational needs, dyslexia, anger management issues, and ADHD.
The Teaching Assistant Complete Course is delivered through engaging, informative video lessons, PDF handouts, practical exercises and automated assessments. You will become an expert in understanding child development, safeguarding the welfare of children and adapting to physical, sensory and cognitive impairments and reasonable adjustments for pupils on the autistic spectrum. You also gain broader, transferable skills in professional classroom management and communication.
Benefits of studying the Teaching Assistant Complete Course (TA, SEN, Autism, ADHD & Dyslexia)
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams.
The Teaching Assistant Complete course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Children & Young People’s development
- Maintaining excellent relationships with students and their families
- Children & Young People Safeguarding
- Section 1
- Section 2
- Section 3
- Section 4
- Section 5
- Section 6
- Section 7
- Section 8
- Section 9
- Section 10
- Section 11
- Section 12
- Section 13
- Section 14
- Section 15
- Special Educational Needs Essentials
- What is the role of a Teacher?
- SEN Code of Practice
- What is the SENCO?
- Strategies to deal with SEN students
- Awareness of Various disabilities amongst students
- Managing Autistic Students
- General Explanation of Learning Difficulties
- SEN student’s anger management techniques
- Down Syndrome Students
- Plenary of SEN
- Introduction to Autism
- Causes and Diagnosis of Autism
- Other Conditions Associated with ASD
- In-depth Understanding and Dealing with Autistic Behaviour
- Socialising and Communication
- Choosing Schools
- What Should Teachers Do?
- Sex Education and Puberty
- Interventions: Treatments and Therapies for Autism
- Government policies on autism in England
- ADHD 101
- What are the causes of ADHD?
- Assessment of ADHD
- Treatment – ADHD
- Education and ADHD
- What reasonable adjustments are allowed for ADHD students?
- Adults suffering from ADHD
- Dyslexia 101
- Symptoms of Dyslexia
- Mutual conditions
- Assessing Dyslexia
- Preparing the classroom for dyslexic students
- Dyslexia – Techniques and Methods
What you will be able to do on completion of the course
- Understand the basics of teaching
- Know a range of different teaching methodologies
- Understand the essentials of SEN teaching
- Work with students with autism
- Work with students with ADHD
- Work with students with dyslexia
Upon successful completion of the course, you can instantly download your e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99 and PDF Certificate at £4.99.
Who is this course for?
Student Testimonials On Our Teaching Assistant Complete Course:
"Delighted to take this course!!
Enjoyed much to learn the contents of this course. Every segment of this course showers me with new ideas, techniques, and method. I found all the tips are effective to become an expert in SEN Teaching."
"Worth the Value.
It helped me out from the adversity providing with proper instructions. I really enjoyed its every chapter. I believe, as it helped me gain confidence in teaching, it will keep guiding me in the near future.
The course is very helpful. I strongly recommend this course for both fresher and who are thinking to start their career in this role."
Training offered by the Teaching Assistant Complete Course could potentially benefit a range of roles, but would particularly enhance careers as a
- Teaching Assistant
- Classroom Assistant
- SEN Teacher
- Support Worker
- Other professional education roles
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Just wondering as it says its self paced for the time scale, whats the average time it takes to complete this course, I am very interested in this
Hi Hanna, Thanks for the reaching out. The course duration depends entirely on the student themselves as you can study as much or little as you want, when you want. Once you register for the course you have full one year access to the course, so you can finish the course at your own pace. Hope it helpsThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If i was to complete this course would it qualify me the same as going to university and doing it?
Dear Sadie, Thanks for the question. All our courses are self-development courses which are certified by the CPD. This is not a formal qualification we are providing. The qualification we are providing is our own stand-alone qualification which is certified by CPD. This is not to be compared with any other levels set by any other bodies. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will there be any problem, if I stop my study for like a month after starting the course and come back again?
Dear Maddison, Thanks for the question. This is a self-paced online course. You will have a one-year access to the course. You can study at your convenient time. There will be no problem if you make a pause for a while. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.