Become an accomplished, confident classroom assistant with a specific focus on supporting SEN students with this online course. The Teaching Assistant Complete Course is taught by expert instructors, with modules covering teaching fundamentals, practical classroom methodologies and how to provide support to children with special educational needs, dyslexia and ADHD.
The Teaching Assistant Complete Course is delivered through engaging, informative video lessons, PDF handouts, practical exercises and automated assessments. You will learn knowledge and expertise in understanding child development, safeguarding the welfare of children, adapting to physical, sensory and cognitive impairments and reasonable adjustments for pupils on the autistic spectrum. You also gain broader, transferable skills in professional classroom management and communication.
Benefits of studying the Teaching Assistant Complete Course (TA, SEN, Autism, ADHD & Dyslexia)
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Children & Young People’s development
- Maintaining excellent relationships with students and their families
- Children & Young People Safeguarding
- Section 1
- Section 2
- Section 3
- Section 4
- Section 5
- Section 6
- Section 7
- Section 8
- Section 9
- Section 10
- Section 11
- Section 12
- Section 13
- Section 14
- Section 15
- Special Educational Needs Essentials
- What is the role of a Teacher?
- SEN Code of Practice
- What is the SENCO?
- Strategies to deal with SEN students
- Awareness of Various disabilities amongst students
- Managing Autistic Students
- General Explanation of Learning Difficulties
- SEN student’s anger management techniques
- Down Syndrome Students
- Plenary of SEN
- Autism Essentials
- The onset of Autism in a Child
- Family background
- The Characteristics of Autism
- Autism – Speech and Communication
- Communication via body language
- Medicines and materials
- History of Autism
- The case for further research into Autism
- Treatment of Autism
- Assessment of Autism
- Autism Myths
- The signs of Autism within younger children
- Coping Mechanisms for Families
- Asperger’s Syndrome V Autism
- Animal Friendly Autism
- Educating Children with Autism
- Behaviours of an Autistic child
- The Autism Society of America
- Preparing the home for Autistic Child
- Nutrition for Autistic sufferers
- Bathroom education
- Challenges of the Autistic Adult
- Treatments – Alternatives
- ADHD 101
- What are the causes of ADHD?
- Assessment of ADHD
- Treatment – ADHD
- Education and ADHD
- What reasonable adjustments are allowed for ADHD students?
- Adults suffering from ADHD
- Dyslexia 101
- Symptoms of Dyslexia
- Mutual conditions
- Assessing Dyslexia
- Preparing the classroom for dyslexic students
- Dyslexia – Techniques and Methods
What you will be able to do on completion of the course
- Understand the basics of teaching
- Know a range of different teaching methodologies
- Understand the essentials of SEN teaching
- Work with students with autism
- Work with students with ADHD
- Work with students with dyslexia
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Teaching Assistant Complete Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Training offered by the Teaching Assistant Complete Course could potentially benefit a range of roles, but would particularly enhance careers as a
- Teaching Assistant
- Classroom Assistant
- SEN Teacher
- Support Worker
- Other professional education roles
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Just wondering as it says its self paced for the time scale, whats the average time it takes to complete this course, I am very interested in this
Hi Hanna, Thanks for the reaching out. The course duration depends entirely on the student themselves as you can study as much or little as you want, when you want. Once you register for the course you have full one year access to the course, so you can finish the course at your own pace. Hope it helpsThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will there be any problem, if I stop my study for like a month after starting the course and come back again?
Dear Maddison, Thanks for the question. This is a self-paced online course. You will have a one-year access to the course. You can study at your convenient time. There will be no problem if you make a pause for a while. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If i was to complete this course would it qualify me the same as going to university and doing it?
Dear Sadie, Thanks for the question. All our courses are self-development courses which are certified by the CPD. This is not a formal qualification we are providing. The qualification we are providing is our own stand-alone qualification which is certified by CPD. This is not to be compared with any other levels set by any other bodies. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If I purchase the course today but start a few weeks later, will that be OK?
Dear Stephens, Thanks for the question. Once you purchase any course from us, you will have a one-year access to the course and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Therefore, if you purchase a course today and plan to start it later, that won't be a problem. Even if someone fails to complete the course within a year, we used to extend his subscription without any additional fees. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the postal charge for the hardcopy certificate?
Dear Naomi, Thanks for the question. You don’t need to pay any separate postal charge for the hardcopy certificate. We don’t charge our learners for the delivery of the certificate. Once you will successfully complete and pass the course, you will be able to obtain an accredited certificate of achievement. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the price of the course now, that the discount period has ended? Are any discounts expected in the near future? Thanks.
Hi DC, The course price is still £23 as we have decided to increase the discount period. You can still purchase it at the current price. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.