Oakwood Home Learning
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This teaching assistant qualification is the ideal route to employment in a supporting role in schools as a classroom assistant. To begin working as a teaching assistant or progress to level 3 roles, a CACHE teaching assistant course is perfect as you will achieve a fully recognised qualification that schools like their staff to hold. When you pass, the course results in a Level 3 certification from one of the most renown awarding bodies in the care and education sector- CACHE.
This course is fully recognised by Ofqual and Ofsted and the perfect qualification for anyone looking to start working in a school environment.
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools was created specifically to teach the skills need to begin working in schools and develops understanding of the legislation, relationships and developmental techniques that are required for this role.
The course covers the skills needed to fulfil many different roles of a teaching assistant within the classroom and covers tasks directly related to working with children and young people. With CACHE certification included, this Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning is a great first step to anyone wanting to start a career in a school environment.
This course covers communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults as the first unit. This is a great first step into the course and really introduces you to what your course will entail.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Communication with children, young people and adults
- Legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Schools as organisations
- The structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- How schools are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- School ethos, mission, aims and values
- Legislation affecting schools
- School policies and procedures
- The wider context in which schools operate
- Understanding child and young person development
- Development of children and young people from birth – 19 years
- Factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Monitoring children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Working in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection in the work setting
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been bullied
- Working with children and young people to support their safety and wellbeing
This qualification comes with CACHE certification included at no additional cost. CACHE are the UK’s leading awarding body in the care and education sectors and are work-renowned for the work which they do. Their courses are seen as an industry standard and many employers specifically request CACHE certification when recruiting new people into a role.
Oakwood Home Learning are a CACHE international centre and we work closely with subject specialists at the awarding body to create the best possible content for all of our qualifications. Since 1945, CACHE have been working within the education and care sectors and have amassed a high amount of expertise and recognition for their work both at home and overseas.
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to become a teaching assistant and work in a school.
No experience required
Teaching Assistant, classroom assistants, teaching in schools, teachers