Teaching Assistants work in schools to support learning of a variety of topics and this course is the perfect introduction. A Teaching Assistant course at Level 3 is the ideal route into employment working in a support role in school and results in Level 3 certification from one of the most recognised awarding bodies for the care and education sector- Cache. The Cache Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools has been specifically designed to teach the skills need to begin working in schools and develops understanding of the legislation, relationships and developmental techniques that are require for this role.
About this Course
To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Teaching assistant course you will need to pass all the assignments. Upon completion of the course you will be able to work as a Teaching Assistant in primary or secondary schools and this qualification is the perfect foundation for a classroom assistant.
There are no formal examinations on this course and the certification fee is included in the course fees. Full tutor support is also provided and your online tutor will guide you through lessons and online materials as well as answer any queries you may have on course content. Written by our expert tutors, the course gives an in-depth yet exciting look into childcare and what it means to be a Level 3 practitioner.
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 3 certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and massaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
This is a knowledge only qualification. Experience in the real work environment is not required and the entire course is completed online. Please note that this is a knowledge only Level 3 qualification and does not require any practical assessments.
To pass this course learners must pass several assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
Included in this course are the following units:
Unit 1: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Communication with children, young people and adults
- Legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Unit 2: Schools as organisations
- The structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- How schools are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- School ethos, mission, aims and values
- Legislation affecting schools
- School policies and procedures
- The wider context in which schools operate
Unit 3: Understanding child and young person development
- Development of children and young people from birth – 19 years
- Factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Monitoring children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
Unit 4: Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Working in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection in the work setting
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been bullied
- Working with children and young people to support their safety and wellbeing
- E-safety for children and young people
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to become a Teaching Assistant and work in a school setting.
No previous requirements needed.
Teaching assistants, classroom assistants and teachers.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.