This Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools helps prepare learners to be able to work in a school setting.
This course aids students develop the knowledge to care for children and adolescents in a way that encourages their learning and development.The course covers the skills needed to fulfil many different roles within the classroom and covers tasks directly related to working with children and young people. With Cache certification included, this Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools is a great first step to anyone wanting to start a career in a school environment.
This course covers topics from Understanding child and young person development to Schools as organisations and is an in-depth study into the school setting and what it incorporates.
- Understanding child and young person development This qualification comes with CACHE Level 2 certification. CACHE have been developing courses in the childcare, education and healthcare sectors since 1945 and are one of the most reputable awarding bodies for qualifications in the UK and overseas.
- Practitioners working in these areas are much more employable having gained CACHE certification and many employers specifically ask for their qualifications when taking on members of staff.
- You can read more about Cache by visiting their website.
- Development of children and young people from birth – 19 years
- Factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Monitoring children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Working in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection in the work setting
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been bullied
- Working with children and young people to support their safety and wellbeing
- E-safety for children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Communication with children, young people and adults
- Legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Understand the important of promoting equality and diversity in work with children and young people
- The impact of prejudice and discrimination on children and young people
- Understand inclusion and inclusive practices in work with children and young people
- Schools as organisations
- The structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- How schools are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- School ethos, mission, aims and values
- Legislation affecting schools
- School policies and procedures
- The wider context in which schools operate
This course is assessed through tutor marked assignments which must be sent to your tutor for marking. You will then be provided with feedback and a mark on your work from your tutor within 5 days. After each assignment has been sent off and marked as complete you will have passed the qualification and will receive your certification.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Oakwood Home Learning has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at the Level stated against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Oakwood Home Learning to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
No experience required
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.