A teaching assistant is someone who assists a teacher in his/her teaching responsibilities. Technically, you are someone who provides support in teaching. To become one, you need to learn how to train, facilitate, and present in class. You need to have the patience and passion for successfully becoming one. If you are currently a teaching assistant or aspiring to be one, then this course will help you train to become the best teaching assistant.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person
Teaching in UK
- Teaching in the UK
- Teachers’ Standards in UK
- Teachers Pay
- The English School System
- Evaluation of Schools and Teachers
- School Governance
- Inclusive Teaching
Teacher Training Basics
- Module One – Getting Started
- Module Two – Understanding Training and Facilitation
- Module Three – Gathering Materials
- Module Four – Creating a Lesson Plan
- Module Five – Choosing Activities
- Module Six – Preparing for the Workshop
- Module Seven – Getting Off on the Right Foot
- Module Eight – Delivery Tips and Tricks
- Module Nine – Keeping it Interactive
- Module Ten – Dealing With Difficult Participants
- Module Eleven – Tackling Tough Topics
- Module Twelve – Wrapping Up
Becoming a Teaching Assistant
- INTRODUCTION TO TEACHING ASSISTANT
- ORIGINAL NATURE, THE CAPITAL WITH WHICH TEACHERS WORK
- ATTENTION AND INTEREST IN TEACHING
- THE FORMATION OF HABITS
- HOW TO MEMORIZE
- IMAGINATION : ACTIVE IN TEACHING AND LEARNING
- WAYS TO STIMULATE YOUR CAPACITY FOR CREATIVITY
- APPRECIATION, AN IMPORTANT ELEMENT IN EDUCATION
- THE MEANING OF PLAY IN EDUCATION
- THE IMPORTANCE OF INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF MORAL SOCIAL CONDUCT
- TRANSFER OF TRAINING
- TYPES OF CLASSROOM EXERCISES
- HOW TO STUDY
- MEASURING THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF CHILDREN
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and know your role as a teacher
- SEN Code of Practice
- Get an understanding on SENCO
- Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs
- Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils
- How to Deal with Pupils with Autism
- Understanding Learning Difficulties
- Anger Management Methods for Pupils With Special Needs
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- Conclusion SEN
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Assessment and Certification:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and the results will be given to you immediately. Before sitting your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £24 for a PDF copy and £39 for an original print copy sent to you by post.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals who are helping people build their dreams in becoming a teacher
- People who have an interest in teaching and different teaching jobs
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
The Teacher Training & Teaching Assistant Course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Career Coach
- Guidance Counsellor
- Life Coach
- Teaching Assistant.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.