• Are you an accountant working in business or corporate environment?
• Do you provide accountancy and/or bookkeeping services to SMEs?
• Have you studied tax in the past but it’s now a distant memory?
• Do you need an update and/or refresher in tax fundamentals?
• Are you looking for an interesting CPD course?
Online Business Tax Course
Our online “Tax Crash Course for Accountants in Business” aims to refresh and update you on the fundamentals of taxation relevant to business using an interactive e-learning format.
If you studied for professional accounting qualifications you are likely to have studied tax. You most likely looked at the different taxes in isolation and then brought those taxes together to advise a hypothetical client.
Now the ‘client’ is real and perhaps the business you work for and tax moves on pretty swiftly.
Your tax knowledge may not be up-to-date and a little rusty and therefore this online course is designed to bring you back up to speed.
The aim of this online tax crash course is to provide an update and refresher (or even introduction) on the most current, essential tax considerations for an accountant working in a small to medium sized company (or SME).
This online tax course is ideal for accountants wishing to complete their CPD (continuing professional development). The course is 4 CPD hours. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate with is verifiable for CPD purposes.
Online Tax Course Outline:
The course focuses on three main sections that correspond to the most common stages of a company’s life, namely:
(1) A newly incorporated company
(2) A growing company, and
(3) A company in difficulty.
(1) New company
• Tax terminology
• Tax reliefs
• VAT registration and schemes
• Renting or buying premises
• Attracting staff
(2) Growing company
• The corporation tax computation
• Corporation tax rates
• Retaining staff
• Asset disposals, and
• Further administration
(3) Company in trouble
• Disposal of the business
• Winding up and liquidations
• Staff termination
Please note that this course is intended to be a high level overview of the tax issues that you may encounter as an accountant in business. It is for development purposes only. It is not intended to replace professional tax advice for transactions that you or your client may be undertaking. Tax laws, rules and regulations are subject to change.
Finance Act Updates
The course is updated every Finance Act.
Any updates withing the 12 months access period are included in the purchase price.
Cost and Course Dates
• Full price £197 (excl VAT)
• £127 (excl VAT) if mention Reed when booking.
Who is this course for?
Target audience for our Online Tax Course
• Business owners with an interest in tax.
• Those needing a refresher or update in the fundamentals of tax.
• Accountants working in business or corporate environment
• Accountants providing accountancy and/or bookkeeping services
• Accountants who studied tax in the past and now need an update and/or refresher in tax fundamentals
• Accountants looking for an interesting CPD course
• No previous tax knowledge required.
• Although this is designed as a refresher, all concepts are explained from scratch. The course is self paced so it can be used by someone with prior knowledge or none.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.