Add to basket or enquire
Location & dates
This course is aimed at Registered Nurses who have experience of using a McKinley T34 Syringe Driver already, but are requiring a refresher on the knowledge and skills associated with caring for an individual who requires this for symptom management. There is a full day version of this course available for new practitioners who have not used syringe drivers before, this will allow the learners to gain all of the required knowledge relating to medication compatibility, the legal and professional considerations around using Syringe Drivers, as well as practical experience of setting up and using a McKinley T34 Syringe Driver.
- List the indications of using a syringe driver
- Discuss the legal and professional considerations around syringe driver use
- Review the procedure for setting up a McKinley T34 syringe driver
- Identify the potential sites to use when setting up a syringe driver and where to avoid
- Recognise the medications that can be used within a syringe driver, and the symptoms they can help with
- Relate the medications that can be used to combined symptoms and the compatibility of key medications
- Demonstrate the correct use and set up of a McKinley T34 syringe driver in simulation
Who is this course for?
Members who work within the Health & Social Care Industry
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Ephias Rumvura asked:
Can I register for training on 5/12/19 in Wigan but have not used a syringe driver before.
Good Morning Ephias, This course is open to all levels so you are more than welcome to book this session. Kind Regards Billy Parish Sales DirectorThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what other locations ie london or brighton
At present we are not offering this course in any other location other than Wigan.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.