This online course in surveying technologies theory is designed to teach students the theoretical underpinnings of surveying. This includes health & safety, surveying in construction and civil engineering, and detailed guidance on how to properly measure, estimate and tender for different kinds of projects.
Health and Safety
- Understand the general and specific responsibilities both of employers and employees under current health, safety and welfare legislation.
- Be able to identify workplace hazards, persons who may be affected by such hazards, and the potential consequences of accidents.
- Know how to use risk assessments in appropriate formats.
- Be able to use workplace health and safety policies to recommend control measures, reduce risk and meet legal requirements.
- Understand own role in accident recording and reporting procedures.
Measuring, Estimating and Tendering Processes in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Be able to record dimensions and descriptions of construction work in a methodical way and process these into final quantities for varying purposes, e.g. bills of quantities, variations, final account, interim payments, claims, etc.
- Understand the purpose of estimating and the common techniques used to price construction work.
- Be able to calculate all-in costs of materials, labour and plant, together with unit rates, for a variety of construction work.
- Be able to derive approximate quantities and costs to determine the approximate value of building projects at varying pre-contract development design stages, and to understand the limitations on the accuracy that might be achieved.
- Understand the purpose of tendering, the common techniques used and the relevant documentationand explain the factors that can affect the level of tenders.
Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Understand surveying terminology and be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to perform linear surveys, record the measurements in a standard from and produce drawings.
- Be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to perform levelling surveys, record the measurements in a standard form and produce drawings.
- Be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to measure angles, record the measurements in a standard form and produce results from calculations.
- Be able to perform the setting out of small buildings.
Who is this course for?
This course would be ideal as a piece of initial training or as CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
There are no formal requirements for this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Carlos Nunes asked:
Can the fees be paid on monthly installments?
Payment is made direct to Reed online, and I believe that monthly payments can be arranged. Regards,This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
would I be able to get any type of job with this accreditation ?
The course is certificated and provides confirmation of having achieved a range of knowledge and skill related to surveying theory. As such you will be able to get credit towards the requirements of a number of jobs, but as ever, the actual job criteria are set by individual employers and so there can be no guarantee.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
William William-Fonjun asked:
Can this course be completed in less than a year assuming I spend an hour each day to study and spend 7-8hours per Week
The course can be completed in any period up to one year and many students take only 4 - 6 months if thay can study that number of hours weekly.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Carlos Nunes asked:
Thank you for your response. Could you please give a breakdown of the monthly payments to book the course?
Thank you Carlos. My previous answer detailed the monthly payments which will be six monthly payments of £50.00 each, and these are collecetd on the last working day of each ofthe six months following enrollment. Regards,This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Sam Long asked:
I want to go straight to the Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering section, is this possible?
Hello Yes that would be OK to do. Regards,This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will this course help me towards becoming a qualified surveyor as I have no prior qualifications, just experience
Thank you for your question. The course provides a body of knowledge which gives students an understanding of the principles of surveying. It will threfore help i n taking the next step in the education process, and when applying for employment which requires surveying knowledge. However, to become a fuly qualified surveyor you would need to complete a recognise degree along with relevant experience.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Carlos Nunes asked:
Can I proceed to book for the course please? Please guide me through the enrolment process.
The course booking sytem is operated by Reed. Please follow the on screen instructions but if you have any difficulty you can obtain help from Reed by requesting a call back from their sales staff whose number is on screen.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Carlos Nunes asked:
Hello, You had stated monthly payments could be arranged for the course in Surveying. Could you please inform the monthly cost? Need to check my end.
Hello The course costs £350.00 and there would be an initial payment of £49.99 followed by six monthly payments of £50.00 each. Regards,This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Elizabete Garcia asked:
Hello, How many hours per day (week) you recon we should do to finish the course in 12 months? Also what type of help we would get (documents, etc)
Hello You should aim to stuudy 3-4 hours per week in order to complete within a year. The course comes with full notes and guidance although some research using the Internet will be advantageous. During the course you will have access to a subject tutor, and also our student helpine. Regards,This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Stanley Sinokwanyana asked:
How can i register for the course i want to start with the course as soon as possible?
You can register direct on the Reed website for the course, and start within 24 hours. Regards.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
becky l asked:
can this course be paid for my my company via invoice?
Reed collect course fees and I understand that they may be able to accept payment through a company paid invoice. Please contact Reed direct to confirm that this is so.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.