NCC Home Learning
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
NCC has created the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools RQF course. This workbook is written for people who are setting out to work or are already operating at a school as a teaching assistant, whether that be a primary, middle, or secondary school.
- Unit 1: Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People, and Adults
- Unit 4: Promote Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Unit 5: Help Improve Own and Team Practice in Schools
- Unit 6: Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Unit 7: Support Children's and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 8: Support Children's and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Unit 9: Support Learning Activities
Optional Group 1
- Unit 1: Schools as Organisations
Optional Group 2
- Unit 4: Provide Displays in Schools
Duration study load
- 180 hours
- No previous knowledge required
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Certificate of completion
As part of this work placement, you must first ensure that a member of staff with occupational competence is able to provide supervision and sign the witness testimonies, to prove you have achieved the work-based learning outcomes of this course.
A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. This workplace MUST be in a school setting. This can either be a primary, secondary or special school, however, you must also ensure that the pupils you work with are aged 5+ and are studying at Key Stage 1 or above.
- Training Qualifications UK
This is a TQUK Level 3 qualification which enables learners to progress on to the QCF in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. It will also provide a progression route into employment.
This course is assessed through a number of tutor-marked assignments alongside practical work which is assessed in the workplace.
A written assignment is required for each unit, this is marked and assessed by your tutor. Completed assignments provide evidence of the required learning outcome for each unit and contribute to your course portfolio.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.