Supply Chain Management : Warehousing & Material Handling
- Tutor is available to students
The value and importance of efficient warehouse management cannot be overemphasised. Warehousing refers to the temporary storing of goods or materials, which are to be sold or distributed at a later time. The most efficient warehousing operations are those that meticulously align supply with demand. Their stock levels cater to the needs of the business, though never become or excessive or run short. The greater the efficiency of the warehouse, the smaller the facility needs to be and the greater its potential profitability. Unfortunately, evidence suggests that most warehousing and material handling strategies don’t come close to reaching their full potential.
Discover what it takes to optimise and manage key warehousing duties more efficiently with this professional tutorial. Explore how warehousing and material handling fit into the wider logistics strategy, along with the core aims or warehousing and important activities within a warehouse. Study the principles of packaging, stock control and the importance of balancing supply with demand.
- Recognise the Purpose of Warehouses
- Analyze the Activities within a Warehouse
- Examine Aims of Warehousing & Material Handling.
- Fitting into the Logistics Strategy
- Activities within a Warehouse
- Aims of Warehousing
- Materials Handling
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders
- Confident , self motivated and passionate candidates
- Supply chain workers seeking for CPD
- Logistics managers looking to expand knowledge and skills
- Candidates looking to enhance their CVs
- Anyone interested in developing knowledge and skills
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.