Most businesses are reliant on procurement to facilitate their day to day operations. Procurement refers to the process by which the required materials, products or resources are obtained, in order to be processed, stored or passed on to the customer. Procurement efficiency is determined by a number of key contributory factors – all of which have a marked effect on the wider business. Minimising expenses and maximising revenues often begins with strategic procurement of the required resources. Regardless of the size or type of the business, optimised procurement operations can be uniquely advantageous.
Discover what it is that makes efficiency of procurement so important with this exclusive tutorial. Study the primary purpose and goals of procurement, along with how to choose suppliers and monitor their performance for the benefit of your own business. Explore a breakdown of the procurement cycle, the various types of purchase involved in procurement, logistical interfaces and how to match a manufacturing strategy with current market requirements.
- Differentiate between Purchasing and Procurement
- Explore the Importance, Aims and Organization of Procurement.
- Recognize the Selection of Suppliers and Suppliers' Performance.
- Identify effective manufacturing strategies
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Importance of Procurement
- Aims of Procurement
- Organisation of Procurement
- Choosing Suppliers
- Monitoring Supplier Performance
- Procurement Cycle
- Types of Purchase
- Terms and Conditions
- Matching Manufacturing Strategy to Market Requirements
- Logistical Interfaces
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders
- Confident , self motivated and passionate candidates
- Supply chain workers seeking for CPD
- Logistics managers looking to expand knowledge and skills
- Candidates looking to enhance their CVs
- Anyone interested in developing knowledge and skills
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.