Add to basket or enquire
If you are looking for a well- recognised and rewarding career in the ever-expanding health and fitness industry, then this programme will present you with complete job satisfaction and financial fulfilment.
Become an elite professional therapist and help sports and exercise fanatics achieve, maintain or elevate their fitness levels and acquire specialised skills to be able to offer them support with rehabilitation techniques to overcome minor injuries.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
This energetic, self-paced programme is organised into 20 easy-to-digest modules, which you can easily fit into your current commitments. This flexible course, promises to arm you with a variety of skills and knowledge about fitness. Even better you can study anywhere at anytime.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will teach you everything you need to know, able to give advice to clients about different levels of fitness, the use of fitness testing equipment and weights as well as administer treatments such as massage.
- Understand your professional ethics as a sports therapy practitioner.
- Understand the skills set requirements of a sports therapist.
- Identify the necessary qualities a sports therapist should have.
- Identify your potential clientele and how to successfully establish new clients.
- Look at the advantages to the client of employing a sports therapist.
- Understand the sports therapist role in educating a client.
- Understand the fundamental movements and associated terminology.
- Understand the use of the "SMARTER" Principle when establishing a treatment plan.
- Identify the distinct phases of the consultation process.
- Gain an understanding of the terms Appraisal, Screening, Testing and Evaluation.
- Understand the purpose of the health and medical questionnaire.
- Discover how to measure blood pressure and explain systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Understand how Injuries can occur and how sports Injuries are classified.
- Explain what is meant by the term "Complicated Injuries".
- Identify the reasoning behind employing warm up and cool down routines.
- Understand the physiological benefits of exercise and recognise physiological advantages.
- Appreciate how genetics can effect performance.
- Identify the component's of physical fitness.
- Understand reasons for conducting an induction and how an induction is carried out.
- Identify the advantages of circuit training to the client and therapist.
- Understand why it is necessary for participants to perform mobility exercises.
- Identify factors that influence a rehabilitation programmes.
- Learn the "PRICER" principle.
- Understand the effects and benefits of "Cryotherapy".
- Understand the physiology of healing.
- Understand the Inflammatory Response (IR).
- Understand how the effects of acute inflammation can be beneficial to an injury.
- Identify the key principles of training.
- Identify methods of Aerobic and Cardiorespiratory Exercise.
- Understand the principle benefits and terminology of weight training.
- Learn about static, ballistic and active forms of stretching.
- Understand the technique of "Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation".
- Learn how to plan a stretching program.
- Understand the science of "Nutrition".
- Identify the Nutrient groups essential for maintaining health.
- Understand the "Balance of good health" food groups and guidelines.
- Discover how to calculate daily calorific requirements.
- Understand the role and classification of vitamins and minerals within the body.
- Identify clinical signs of deficiencies of vitamins.
- Identify the three components of 'potential'.
- Understand the meaning of "Positive belief strategies".
- Understand the basic formula for building a success consciousness.
- Identify the three elements of Patterson’s success strategy.
- Evaluate two psychological changes an individual can take to increase their enthusiasm.
- Identify the medical conditions for which steroids are prescribed.
- Understand the four basic movements in massage therapy.
- Understand friction, and learn what it is used for and its benefits in fibrositis.
- Look at vibration massage and the different methods of applying it.
- Understand the variations between pre and post sports massage.
- Understand the condition "Hallux Valgus" giving symptoms and treatment.
- Explore the outline of a general massage routine.
- Understand the principle benefits of using Infra-red lamps in sports and physiotherapy.
- Learn about the main therapeutic effects of electro heat therapy treatments.
- Identify general contra-indications to the use of electro therapy.
- Understand the mechanical, neural, chemical and thermal effects of ultra-sound.
- Identify the contra-indications to ultra-sound.
- Understand the effects of over treatment.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: An endorsed Diploma.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Postural assessment
- Sports massage
- Health & fitness evaluation
- Identification of sports injuries
- Anatomy & kinesiology
- Use of weights and resistance machines
- Exercise physiology
- Rehabilitation programmes
- Individual and group exercise
- Remedial exercises
- Sports nutrition
- First aid
- Physical fitness
- Sport-related fitness
- Motor fitness
- Remedial fitness
- Business management
- Sports psychology
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Who is the certificate awarding body?
Hi Chris, Thank you for contacting us. This is a knowledge-based training and the course will teach you everything you need to know, able to give advice to clients about different levels of fitness, the use of fitness testing equipment and weights as well as administer treatments such as massage. After completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate which will be sent at your email address. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
R Ubeyratna asked:
What is the awarding body? (Sports Science and Therapy Course) Is this Pearson?
Hi R Ubeyratna, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that this knowledge-based training. After completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the duration of this courae in hours please?
Hi Josmar, Thank you for contacting us. The learning hours of the course is 12-15 hours. You can complete the course as per your own pace as you will get complete 12 months to complete the training. Also, you will receive the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.