Worldwide interest and demand for mushrooms is growing rapidly, producing an ever-increasing market for both mushrooms and new growers.
Discover how to grow mushrooms easily at home with our course and create your very own mushroom farm. You will learn diverse principles and concepts, which can be applied in any country making this a very comprehensive course for any home gardener.
How will I study?
This fun-filled, self-paced programme is organised into 4 easy-to-digest easily accessible modules; therefore, you will find learning is easy to fit around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Gain general information about mushrooms.
- Recognise plant names,
- Identify commonly cultivated and edible mushrooms.
- Learn about the structure of a mushroom.
- Learn how to grow mushrooms.
- Understand soil structure and soil temperature.
- Learn how to identify the different soil types.
- Understand why different soils are suited to different purposes.
- Discover the different types of compost and the benefits of composting.
- Learn about Mushroom Nutrition.
- Understand the process of spawning.
- Find out how to make and cast a mushroom bed.
- Identify the various pests and diseases that affect mushroom.
- Establish the ideal outdoor conditions required for growing mushrooms.
- Look at the environmental factors that contribute to the life of the mushroom after harvesting.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Home gardeners turn your hobby into an income by gaining valued principles and concepts to create your own mushroom farm in your garden.
- Access the course at anytime that suits you, in a place of your choice 24 hours a day.
- Utilise this knowledge to kick-start a career in gardening.
- At the end of each unit test yourself with a multiple choice question assessment. This will help you remember the main points of the lesson and act as a check that you have retained the essential knowledge and understanding of that particular section.
- Gain an endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Identifying Edible Fungi
- Mushroom Culture
- Understanding Soils
- Mushroom Compost
- Mushroom Nutrition
- Spawn Production
- Making & Casing Mushroom Beds
- Growing Conditions for Mushrooms
- Growing Outside
- Harvest, Storage & Use of Mushrooms
Course completion certificate included.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.