Add to basket or enquire
Do flowers and plants intoxicate you? If the answer is yes, then why not sign up for our course and gain the skills and knowledge to better understand this subject and take your passion for nature and love of outdoors to the next level.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
A fun-filled, self-paced programme that is organised into 14 easy-to-digest modules that promises to teach you the scientific art of cultivating gardens and garden plants. Enjoy the valuable benefits of this flexible course without compromising with your current commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Learn how to grow plants and understand how to make up the best type of soil to ensure you maximise the ground around you.
- Understand the basic structure of a plant.
- Understand the structure of a flower .
- Learn the process of pollination.
- Understand plant physiology.
- Recognise the different names of plants and their divisions.
- Discover how soil is formed and its composition.
- Outline the characteristics of soils.
- Understand how and why it is necessary to improve soil structure.
- Understand soil problems.
- Understand the nutritional requirements of plants.
- Identify how to enrich soil.
- Learn how pests can affect plant life.
- Learn how to control fungal disease.
- Learn how to control virus conditions.
- Understand the effect of pesticides and chemicals on the environment.
- Gain the concept of organic gardening.
- Learn the definition of Organic Gardening and its benefits.
Look at the main methods of controlling weeds.
- Understand how plants propagate.
- Identify the equipment and materials required for propagation.
- Understand the methods of propagation.
- Learn the concept of amenity horticulture.
- Identify plant groups.
- Consider factors that contribute to plant selection.
- Understand basic planting procedure .
- Determine how the procedure would vary for bare root plants.
- Outline the general care of plants.
- Understand the importance and value of indigenous plants.
- Learn when a plant is classified as exotic.
- Understand the ideal conditions for Azalea.
- Understand the requirement for maintaining indoor plants.
- Identify the types of pots and soils to use to maintain plant nutrition.
- Recognise characteristics of plant health.
- Understand the environmental factors that contribute to the health of plants.
- Identify the different types of turf.
- Explain what can influence the growth of turf.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- Give your garden a healthy boost with professional advice .
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Gain a endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Basic Botany
- Plant Classification
- Soil Science
- Plant Nutrition
- Plant Pests, Diseases & Problems
- Organic Gardening
- Basic Propagation
- Amenity Horticulture, Plant Groups and Families
- Planting and Plant Care
- Plant Notes and Indigenous Plants
- Exotic Plants
- Indoor Plants
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many hours is the course and how long do you have to complete it
Hi Sharon, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that the learner hours is of 10-12 hours. You can complete the training as per your own pace and time as the course duration is of 12 months. After completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.