Transport sits at the heart of modern business and society. We all need to travel at some point in our lives, and the goods we buy are transported to retail outlets, or directly to our doors.
The part that transport plays in economic stability and social development cannot be understated. We take for granted our transport networks, the fact that deliveries will be made on time, our bus or train will arrive on time, the cost should never increase, and the driver of the vehicle should be polite and good humoured at all times.
The Role of a Transport Manager
As a transportation manager you will be confident and knowledgeable in a number of key areas, some of which are not uniquely related to transport. Key themes within the industry include:
- Network planning, scheduling and geographical knowledge.
- Operational knowledge, vehicle technologies and capabilities.
- Licensing and legal compliance.
- Commercial management (accounting and financial control).
- Staff employment, welfare, training and development.
- Health, safety and environmental management.
- Transport trends.
This course will teach you the skills required to help meet those expectations, overcome the challenges and manage a transport system successfully.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Appreciate the importance of a good transport system
- Understand the role and nature of demand for transport
- Identify the economic advantages of transport management
- Recognise the qualities needed for the efficient transport of goods
- Understand the classification of transport services
- Implement the efficient use of carrying capacity
- Examine the relevance of Road Traffic Control in today’s world
- Understand factors that Influence the operating speed of motor vehicles and trucks
- Discover the economics of road transport
- Realise the importance of rail transport
- Understand the structure of the railway
- Identify the three main classes of carrying vehicles
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- With the prominence of Internet shopping in modern retail, transport and logistics has never been more important.
- Become a part of a growing industry.
- There are various career development opportunities open to transport planners. You can choose to work across different planning projects as a consultant.
- This course will prepare you for management roles.
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
Compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.