Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
Suicide is a serious issue that affects millions of people around the world. Therefore, it is essential to have resources available to those in need of help. A suicide prevention course can give individuals the skills and knowledge they need to help prevent suicide.
If you are you looking to learn how to prevent suicide, enrol in this course TODAY. Our well-crafted suicide prevention course will teach you how to stop self-harm and to stop someone from committing suicide.
This course includes a range of topics regarding common reasons for committing suicide and to what extent you should take action when someone gets a mental breakdown and is about to commit suicide. Experts develop this course, and course materials are highly researched.
So, enrol in this course and learn how to SAVE the life of your close one.
- CPD Certified
- Instant PDF certificate
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- Tutor Support Available
The first step in a suicide prevention course is understanding the signs and symptoms of suicide. It is essential to be aware of the warning signs, such as changes in behaviour, mood, or thinking, that may indicate that someone is considering suicide. It is also essential to recognise the risk factors, such as depression, substance abuse, and access to lethal means.
The second step in a suicide prevention course is to learn how to intervene. This includes knowing how to ask someone if they are thinking about suicide, how to listen and respond, and how to connect them with resources. Knowing the available resources, such as crisis hotlines, support groups, and mental health professionals, is essential.
The Curriculum of Suicide Prevention
- Module 01: Introduction to Suicide Prevention
- Module 02: Understanding Suicidal Behaviour
- Module 03: Suicide Risk Assessment
- Module 04: Suicide Prevention Strategies
- Module 05: Intervention Strategies
- Module 06: Postvention and Support
The curriculum of Suicide Prevention Mental Health and Self-Harm Awareness
- Module 01: Self-Harm and Suicide
- Module 02: Social Attitudes to Mental Illness
- Module 03: Perception, Sensation and Love
- Module 04: Mood Disorders
- Module 05: Personality Disorders
- Module 06: Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Module 07: Cyberbullying
- Module 08: Substance Misuse and Youth
- Module 09: Emotions in Terms of Psychology
- Module 10: Intelligence: In Pursuit of Rational Thought and Effective Action
- Module 11: Youth Work in Mental Health
- Module 12: Substance Use Prevention and Awareness
- Module 13: Appropriate Measures for Safeguarding Your Child
- Module 14: Approach and React to People in Mental Health Crisis
- Module 15: Medication and Therapy in the Treatment of Mental Illness
After completing this course, you will get a FREE PDF Certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone one to progress to the following course:
- NVQ Level 3 Mental Health
- RQF Mental Health Awareness
- RQF Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (RQF)
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF)
- FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health
- EDI Child Psychology
Learners do not require any prior qualifications to enrol on this course.
Explore opportunities such:
- Safeguarding Officer
- DSL-Safeguarding Lead
- Social Worker
- Support Worker
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Digital Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Hard copy Certificate of completion
Hard copy certificate - Included
You will get the hard copy certificates for Free! The delivery charge of the hard copy certificate inside the UK is £3.99 each.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.