International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Generate income, sharpen your hosting skills and meet people from all over the world with Airbnb
Did you know that the average Airbnb host makes $924 a month? It's true! Simply by opening their home to folks from around the world, Airbnb hosts can make almost a thousand dollars each month, all while keeping their regular jobs and lifestyles. They also get to expand their social circle and network with interesting travelers from everywhere in the world! Some hosts even keep in touch with their guests, staying with them on their own travels - and making lifelong friendships along the way.
There are over 3 million listings on Airbnb and a whopping 160 million guests - and that number is constantly rising! Why not take advantage of a safe and simple system to make extra money by joining the ranks of Airbnb hosts? Don't have a spare room? No problem! Airbnb Experiences, the newest offering from the company, is perfect for you! Simply use your unique point of view and local knowledge to create a tour, tasting, class or guide. Airbnb Experiences have increased 20-fold in the last year, opening up an entirely new field for you to take advantage of! Get in on the ground floor and create a signature experience that will have travelers raving - and booking months in advance!
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
This course is the essential primer for anyone who is interested in hosting on Airbnb. From setting up the space and writing the listing to being the perfect host, this course covers everything a person can do to increase their visibility (and their bank account!) while offering a valuable service.
Whether through hosting in your home or leading an Airbnb Experience, there are opportunities for anyone to create something memorable, and expand their network of friends around the globe.
This course walks you through everything you need to know to be successful hosting on Airbnb. From the very first module, our experienced author - a certified Superhost herself - imparts her knowledge on how to create the perfect Airbnb.
We start with the history of the company, the ethos that drives them forward, and how you can be a successful partner of this tech giant. Then we move on to how to set up your space for hosting, covering every detail you need to consider, and answering every question you might have. Should you buy all new furnishings? Should the room look exactly like a hotel room? How do you get good reviews? We know the answers, and we'll make sure you get them!
We cover a lot of ground throughout this course, touching on how to intelligently price and schedule, how to be a gracious host across all cultures, tips for making your property seem expensive for cheap, and how to make sure that you're covering your legal bases.
You'll walk away from this course being assured that you are creating the ideal hosting experience, and knowing that you're operating at a professional level.
Module 1: Introduction
- 1.1 The Airbnb story
- 1.2 Is this right for you?
- 1.3 Choosing your listing type
- 1.4 Is your rental suitable?
- 1.5 Safety and insurance
- 1.6 Permission and local regulations
Module 2: A Great Listing
- 2.1 Identifying your target guests
- 2.2 Profiles and pictures
- 2.3 Describing your property
- 2.4 Maximizing discoverability
- 2.5 Tourism and local information
- 2.6 Acing the competition
- 2.7 Promotion and advertising
- 2.8 Times, days and dates: short and long-term bookings
Module 3: Preparing Your Rental
- 3.1 The living areas
- 3.2 The bedroom
- 3.3 The bathroom
- 3.4 The kitchen
- 3.5 The extra touches
- 3.6 Access and entry
- 3.7 Storing/protecting personal items
Module 4: Pricing And Policy
- 4.1 Pricing your rental
- 4.2 Discounts and negotiation
- 4.3 House rules
- 4.4 Cancellations, last-minute bookings, and substitutions
- 4.5 Flexible pricing: supply, demand, seasons, and special days
- 4.6 Additional Fees (example: cleaning fees)
- 4.7 Financial and tax considerations
- 4.8 Accounting: income and expenses
Module 5: Your Guests’ Stay
- 5.1 How to accept bookings
- 5.2 Welcoming your guests
- 5.3 Being available to guests through their stay
- 5.4 The perfect host
- 5.5 Cleaning and housekeeping
- 5.6 Cultural issues
- 5.7 Managing problem guests
- 5.8 Getting positive reviews
Module 6: Airbnb Experiences
- 6.1 What are Airbnb Experiences?
- 6.2 Making the most of your city
- 6.3 Offering what no one else can
- 6.4 A truly extraordinary experience
- 6.5 Building a safe experience
- 6.6 Customer service
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in hosting with Airbnb. You don't have to own your own home to be a host! You can be an Experience host, where you create an activity and host anywhere you want in the city you live, showing tourists and locals a great time from an unexpected point of view.
Of course, the main activity on Airbnb is hosting guests in your own home, and anyone who is considering doing so will benefit greatly from this course. There are a million factors that go into being a successful host, and you could learn from trial and error, or you could let our experienced host save you the time (and money!) by teaching you everything you need to know now.
If you're looking for creative ways to add another income stream, then this is the course for you.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Alison Johnson asked:
I am wanting to start an AirBnb and don't know much about starting one and have been searching for a course to help. Is this course the right one?
Yes, our Successful Airbnb Hosting course is a very good start. From setting up the space and writing the listing to being the perfect host, this course covers everything a person can do to increase their visibility. Whether hosting guests or an experience, you will gain valuable insight.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.