Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
☞☞ Hottest Black Friday Deal is Live Now; Save: £401! Offer Active till 3rd Dec.! Hurry Up!!☚☚
People who misuse alcohol, tobacco, mood-inducing drugs, or any other legal and illegal substance that have detrimental effects on their physical, mental, social, and overall well-being require assistance to overcome such situations. A substance misuse outreach worker is often the first point of contact with their recovery.
This Level 5 Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course is endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme and accredited by CPD & IAO (with 150 CPD points) to make your skill development and career progression related to Substance Misuse Outreach Worker substantial and easier than ever!
The profession of a Substance Misuse Outreach Worker is a rewarding career choice, as it makes a significant difference in thousands of people’s lives every year. The determination to work towards the betterment of struggling adults and troubled youngsters is the first prerequisite of this vocation and requires a clear understanding of the psychological, physical, and social aspects involved here.
Key Topics to Be Covered By Substance Misuse Outreach Worker
- Different common drugs, alcohol, ecstasies, prescribed drugs, and their physical mental effect on the user.
- A five-stage process to conceptualise how people think about substance misuse, to change their behaviour.
- The Nature of Substance Misuse: biological, psychological and social perspectives
- The central principles of clinical supervision
- Explore the four key areas where people experience the negative effects of substance abuse.
- The pharmacological agents in managing substance misuse problems
- Implementing substance use policy in accord to the Legislation Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- A comprehensive practical career guide for substance abuse workers.
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course is developed to provide the fundamental knowledge and the core roles and responsibilities you require. The Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course discusses the basic skills and essential mindset required to excel in this occupation. In addition to that, you will explore the legal aspects and case studies of substance abuse and how can you utilise them to help struggling individuals. Along with the discussion on negative impacts, the importance of exploring the positive ones that drive them to substance abuse in the first place is also explored.
By the end of this Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course, you will understand the theoretical ideas and the science behind why we do what we do and what veers people towards substance misuse. It will enable you to be better equipped with the essential knowledge to grow a career and excel in this rewarding profession.
You'll get a Free Student ID card by enrolling in this Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course. This ID card entitles you to discounts on bus tickets, movie tickets, and library cards.
The Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. In case of any query regarding the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course, you will also have support from a team of experts who will be available to assist you through email and chat boxes.
Enroling on the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course will ensure that you land your dream career faster than you thought possible.
Learning Outcomes of Substance Misuse Outreach Worker
- How to engage, motivate, and support substance misusers and their families to make changes in their behaviour and actions in relation to substance misuse.
- Learn the physical and psychological factors that instigate drug abuse to a loss of control.
- Discover the core skills in assessment and the planning needed to identify and manage drug dependence.
- Explore the reason youngsters give on why they abuse and the actual reasons they do it.
- Learn how substance misuse doesn’t only affect the individual, but also their family, entire communities, and society as a whole.
- Identify and prepare for withdrawal effects that can lead to anxiety, seizures, hallucinations, and tremors along with physical discomfort.
- The methods in exploring and identifying strengths, including personal, family, social, and other positive networks you can use to achieve treatment and recovery goals.
- Find out the legal consequences of substance abuse and how to use this knowledge in motivating rehabilitation and prevention.
Skills You Will Gain
- Counselling skills
- Social working skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Psychosocial skills
- Physical care skills
- Observational skill
- Teamwork skill
This exclusive Substance Misuse Outreach Worker training follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 18 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning. These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker.
Why Prefer this Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course?
- Opportunity to earn a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme and another certificate accredited by CPD & IAO after completing this Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course
- Student ID card with amazing discounts — completely for FREE! (£10 postal charges will be applicable for international delivery)
- Standard-aligned lesson planning
- Innovative and engaging content and activities
- Assessments that measure higher-level thinking and skills
- Complete the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker program in your own time, at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full 24/7 tutor support.
Here is the curriculum breakdown of this Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course-
Substance Misuse Module 01: Substance Misuse and Outreach Worker
- Substance Misuse and Outreach Worker
Substance Misuse Module 02: Substances: Drugs, Alcohol and Others
- Substances Drugs, Alcohol and Others
Substance Misuse Module 03: Abuses of Substance Misuse
- Abuses of Substance Misuse
Substance Misuse Module 04: Why People Use Drug and Alcohol?
- Why People Use Drug and Alcohol
Substance Misuse Module 05: The Nature of Substance Misuse: Biological, Psychological and Social Perspectives
- The Nature of Substance Misuse Biological, Psychological and Social Perspective
Substance Misuse Module 06: Understand Possible Causes of Substance and Drug Abuse
- Understand Possible Causes of Substance and Drug Abuse
Substance Misuse Module 07: Implementing Substance Use Policy
- Implementing Substance Use Policy
Substance Misuse Module 08: Effects of Drugs on the Body and Mind
- Effects of Drugs on the Body and Mind
Substance Misuse Module 09: Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Substance Misuse
- Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Substance Misuse
Substance Misuse Module 10: Health Consideration
- Health Consideration
Substance Misuse Module 11: Specific Treatment Situations
- Specific Treatment Situations
Substance Misuse Module 12: Substance Misusers: Children
- Substance Misusers Children
Substance Misuse Module 13: Risk Factors
- Risk Factors
Substance Misuse Module 14: Pharmacological Agents Used in the Management of Substance Misuse Problems
- Pharmacological Agents Used in the Management of Substance Misuse Problems
Substance Misuse Module 15: Planning and Implementing a Practice Improvement Subject
- Planning and Implementing a Practice Improvement Subject
Substance Misuse Module 16: Prevention and Awareness
- Prevention and Awareness
Substance Misuse Module 17: Substance Use Capabilities Across All Level of Social Work
- Substance Use Capabilities Across All Level of Social Work
Substance Misuse Module 18: Career Consultancy
- Career Consultancy
Once you have completed all the modules in the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment. You will then receive instant results to let you know if you have successfully passed the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course.
You’ll also be provided with an assignment for further assessing your newly-gained knowledge & skills which is optional to submit.
Show off Your New Skills With a Certification of Completion
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course, you can order an original hardcopy certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme. The certificate will be home-delivered, with a pricing scheme of —
- 119 GBP inside the UK
- 129 GBP (including postal fees) for international delivery
Certification Accredited by CPD & IAO
Upon finishing the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course, you will receive an accredited certification that is recognised all over the UK and also internationally. The pricing schemes are —
- 10 GBP for Digital Certificate
- 29 GBP for Printed HardCopy Certificate inside the UK
- 39 GBP for Printed HardCopy Certificate outside the UK (international delivery)
Who is this course for?
Is This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course Right for You?
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course is perfect for anyone who is interested in a career in social working and enthusiastic about making a difference to the world.
This comprehensive guide is also great for practising professionals who have acquired some practical knowledge but lack theoretical understanding and require attestation of their skills. Any GPs, health professionals or correction facilities executives will find this course beneficial to help them to deal with substance misuse problems.
The endorsed and accredited certification will boost your resume to help you stand out among other candidates.
There are no previous knowledge requirements for the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker training; this is open to anyone! Any learning enthusiast from anywhere in the world can enrol on this Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course without any hesitation.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
Browse this 100% online course from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course allows you to study at your own speed and grow a quality skillset.
Upon completion, you will be equipped with comprehensive knowledge and skills to tackle different scenarios you may face as a social outreach professional. As this knowledge and skill is highly employable in various sectors, you have the opportunity to utilise your skills as an outreach worker in a drop-in rehabilitation centre, juvenile correction facilities, and various detox programs.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi. Approximately how many study hours are required. Many thanks
Good morning. If you want to complete the course in one sitting, it will take approximately 04 hours. However, you will get one-year access to the course to complete it.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.