Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker is the only guide you need for learning the essential topics thoroughly and acquire the necessary skills for a special discounted price. With only 4 hours of training towards your CPD-accredited certificate and course materials designed by industry experts, any of your dreams in professional life can be turned into a reality.
Our exclusive Substance Misuse Outreach Worker follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 18 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning. These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker. The course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
Finally, you will receive a CPD-accredited certificate which will fast-track your career and showcase your expertise on this topic to excel in your professional life. This professional certification along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials will put you ahead in this sector as well as the relevant job market.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- Different common drugs, alcohol, ecstasies, prescribed drugs, and their physical mental effect on the user.
- A five-stage process to conceptualise how people think about substance misuse, to change their behaviour.
- The Nature of Substance Misuse: biological, psychological and social perspectives
- The central principles of clinical supervision
- Explore the four key areas where people experience the negative effects of substance abuse.
- The pharmacological agents in managing substance misuse problems
- Implementing substance use policy in accord to the Legislation Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- A comprehensive practical career guide for the substance abuse workers.
- How to engage, motivate, and support substance misusers and their families to make changes in their behaviour and actions in relation to substance misuse.
- Learn the physical and psychological factors that instigate drug abuse to a loss of control.
- Discover the core skills in assessment and the planning needed to identify and manage drug dependence.
- Explore the reason youngsters give on why they abuse and the actual reasons they do it.
- Learn how substance misuse doesn’t only affect the individual, but also their family, entire communities, and society as a whole.
- Identify and prepare for withdrawal effects, that can lead to anxiety, seizures, hallucinations, and tremors along with physical discomfort.
- The methods in exploring and identifying strengths, including personal, family, social, and other positive networks you can use to achieve treatment and recovery goals.
- Find out the legal consequences of substance abuse and how to use this knowledge in motivating rehabilitation and prevention.
People who misuse alcohol, tobacco, mood-inducing drugs, or any other legal and illegal substance that have detrimental effects on their physical, mental, social, and overall well-being require assistance to overcome such situations. A substance misuse outreach worker is often the first point of contact with their recovery.
The profession of a Substance Misuse Outreach Worker is a rewarding career choice, as it makes a significant difference in thousand’s of people’s lives every year. The determination to work towards the betterment of struggling adults and troubled youngsters is the first prerequisite of this vocation and requires a clear understanding of the psychological, physical, and social aspects involved here.
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course is developed to provide the fundamental knowledge and the core roles and responsibilities you require. The course discusses the basic skills and essential mindset required to excel in this occupation. In addition to that, you will explore the legal aspects and case studies of substance abuse and how can you utilise them to help struggling individuals. Along with the discussion on negative impacts, the importance of exploring the positive ones that drive them to substance abuse in the first place is also explored.
By the end of this course, you will understand the theoretical ideas and the science behind why we do what we do and what veers people towards substance misuse. It will enable you to be better equipped with the essential knowledge to grow a career and excel in this rewarding profession.
Skills You Will Gain
- Counselling skills
- Social working skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Psychosocial skills
- Physical care skills
- Observational skill
- Teamwork skill
Module 01: Substance Misuse and Outreach Worker
- Substance Misuse and Outreach Worker
Module 02: Substances: Drugs, Alcohol and Others
- Substances Drugs, Alcohol and Others
Module 03: Abuses of Substance Misuse
- Abuses of Substance Misuse
Module 04: Why People Use Drug and Alcohol?
- Why People Use Drug and Alcohol
Module 05: The Nature of Substance Misuse: Biological, Psychological and Social Perspectives
- The Nature of Substance Misuse Biological, Psychological and Social Perspective
Module 06: Understand Possible Causes of Substance and Drug Abuse
- Understand Possible Causes of Substance and Drug Abuse
Module 07: Implementing Substance Use Policy
- Implementing Substance Use Policy
Module 08: Effects of Drugs on the Body and Mind
- Effects of Drugs on the Body and Mind
Module 09: Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Substance Misuse
- Enhancing Assessment and Treatment of Substance Misuse
Module 10: Health Consideration
- Health Consideration
Module 11: Specific Treatment Situations
- Specific Treatment Situations
Module 12: Substance Misusers: Children
- Substance Misusers Children
Module 13: Risk Factors
- Risk Factors
Module 14: Pharmacological Agents Used in the Management of Substance Misuse Problems
- Pharmacological Agents Used in the Management of Substance Misuse Problems
Module 15: Planning and Implementing a Practice Improvement Subject
- Planning and Implementing a Practice Improvement Subject
Module 16: Prevention and Awareness
- Prevention and Awareness
Module 17: Substance Use Capabilities Across All Level of Social Work
- Substance Use Capabilities Across All Level of Social Work
Module 18: Career Consultancy
- Career Consultancy
Once you have finished the learning stages in the course, your abilities will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive the results immediately.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker Course Right for You?
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker course is perfect for anyone who is interested in a career in social working and enthusiastic about making a difference to the world.
This comprehensive guide is also great for practising professionals who have acquired some practical knowledge but lack theoretical understanding and require attestation of their skills. Any GPs, health professionals or correction facilities executives will find this course beneficial to help them to deal with substance misuse problems.
The CPD Accredited Certification will boost your resume to help you stand out among other candidates.
Upon completion, you will be equipped with comprehensive knowledge and skills to tackle different scenarios you may face as a social outreach professional. As this knowledge and skill is highly employable in various sectors, you have the opportunity to utilise your skills as an outreach worker in a drop-in rehabilitation centre, juvenile correction facilities, and various detox programs.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi. Approximately how many study hours are required. Many thanks
Good morning. If you want to complete the course in one sitting, it will take approximately 04 hours. However, you will get one-year access to the course to complete it.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.