Add to basket or enquire
If you are looking to embark on a long-standing, sought-after career within the fitness industry, then take the first step to a successful career with this Sports Massage course.
As a sports therapist, you will work with sport and exercise participants to help prevent, recognise, manage and treat injuries, should they occur, and then rehabilitate the participant back to full fitness.
Gain the valuable principles of sport and exercise science. Acquire a specialist skillset to be able to incorporate physiological and pathological processes to make sure participants are training and competing safely.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Discover the different movements used in massage.
- Understand fibrositis.
- Explain the following:
- Cross Fibre massage is mainly effective on.
- Compression massage.
- Muscle stripping and its benefits.
- Look at the different types of mechanical massage and their benefits.
- Understand what constitutes a contra indication.
- Recognise why is it important to warm up before exercise.
- Understand the benefits of ice treatment and when it should be used.
- Learn about the categories of sports massage.
- Discover the range of movement of the foot.
- Learn of 2 types of massage that will help ligament leg strains.
- Identify symptoms and treatment of the following conditions:
- Medial Ligament Strain.
- Cartilage Problems.
- Patella Tendonitis.
- Iliotibial Tract Pain.
- Understand Osgood Schlatters condition in brief.
- Discover how you would massage the quadriceps.
- Look at the position of the hamstrings and learn how to adapt the massage if they were very tense and tight.
- Learn the movements for massaging the biceps muscle and how you would adapt if strained.
- Understand Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and how it can be treated.
- Know the procedures you would follow before starting any work around the neck area.
- Identify the signs of neck tension.
- Learn how to relieve tension in the trapezius.
- Identify symptoms of back injuries.
- Identify when to refer the client to a GP or specialist.
- Be able to explain the effect of poor posture on the muscles of the back.
- Be able to explain how to provide a Trigger Point treatment.
- Learn how the pectoral muscles are treated by the massage therapist.
- Identify the main muscles of the abdomen describe how you can work on them.
- Explore how to advertise your business.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: Anendorsed Diploma.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Basic massage techniques
- Specific movement for massage
- Contra-indications to massage
- Sports injury massage
- Massage of the knee
- Massage of the leg
- Massage of the arm, elbow and wrist
- Massage of the neck and shoulders
- Massage of the back and buttocks area
- Massage of the chest and abdomen
- Advertising your services
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi is this a cpd course and will I practice straight away ?
Hi Rachel, Thank you for contacting us. As a sports therapist, you will work with sport and exercise participants to help prevent, recognize, manage and treat injuries, should they occur, and then rehabilitate the participant back to full fitness. This is a knowledge-based training and will increase the skills. We don't provide the official exams with the course. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi , do you have videos included? Thank you , Olga
Hi Olga, Thank you for contacting us. This sports massage course is designed to enable therapists to have a greater understanding and appreciation of the specific needs of sports participants in the preparation for and recovery from activity. There are no videos in the training. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.