Add to basket or enquire
Our Sports First Aid course is perfect for anyone hoping to turn their passion for sport and caring for people into a stable career, as well as for those already working in this field who are simply interested in a refresher course.
By enrolling on this Sports First Aid course, you will learn all the necessary first aid skills to deal with a wide range of sporting incidents, including basic life support skills and how to deal with sports injuries and medical conditions.
Sports First Aid course also covers specific sports problems and injuries, the importance of injury prevention and how to move injured athletes. Finally, you will learn how to protect people while emergency services are on their way in the event of a serious accident.
To make this Sports First Aid course more accessible for you, we have designed it for both part-time and full-time students, meaning you can study it at your own pace. If you require support, our experienced tutors are always available to help answer all your queries through email. Completion will grant you a free digital qualification, which can be added to your CV.
The primary learning objectives of the Sports First Aid are to:
- Provide an introduction to injury prevention and on-site management of sports-related injuries.
- Broaden your understanding of different sports injuries, including step-by-step guidelines for applying first aid.
- Introduce the steps you need to conduct injury assessment and handle life-threatening situations.
- Explain how to be prepared to act immediately if accidents happen.
- Train you on dealing with the critical type of injuries and medical emergencies that can happen during sporting activities.
- Give insights into how to limit the number and severity of injuries with prevention strategies.
- Provide information on treating overuse injuries and administer lifesaving first aid in an emergency.
- Discuss the role and functions of the sports first aider when dealing with an emergency.
- Help you familiarise with soft tissue injuries, head injuries, types of cuts, and many illnesses that could arise during sports.
- Provide invaluable first aid skills and knowledge needed to pursue a professional career as a first-aider or personal trainer.
- Provide expert training to help you earn your Sports First Aid certification and find higher-paid work and better employment opportunities by learning necessary first aid skills and how to successfully deal with a wide range of sporting incidents.
What will you learn in this Sports First Aid:
- Initial assessment
- Cardiac Arrest
- Heart Attack and Stroke
- Controlling Bleeding
- Sports injuries and Primary Assessment
- First Aid for Fractures
- Head and Eye Injuries
- Dental and Spine Injuries
- Allergies and Burns
- Diabetes and Asthma
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Febrile Convulsion and Electric Shock
Who is this course for?
Sports First Aid is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field.
Our Sports First Aid is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there is no specific requirements to attend this Sports First Aid course. This Sports First Aid course is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
This Sports First Aid course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with the required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi is the certificate included in the price? do I receive certificate?
Dear Isa, Good afternoon. The PDF Certificate is included in the course price. The PDF Certificate will be sent to your email address. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.