Wouldn’t it be great to be able to receive a comprehensive online educational experience with two courses rolled into one for added convenience? Of course, it will be!
Enrol in Speech Therapist and SEN Teaching Assistant Course and start working towards a brighter, promising future right now!
This best ever course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Speech Therapist and SEN Teaching Assistant Course is for you.
We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
Benefits of studying Speech Therapist and SEN Teaching Assistant Course:
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- CPD endorsed certification on successful completion
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient exam system, assessment and instant results
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
This course will walk you through everything you need to know about Speech Therapy and SEN education.
The course’s modules gradually present a detailed overview of the needs of the children who have speech and language difficulties or disability which makes learning harder for them than for other children of their age.
Being a skilled, certified therapist or SEN teaching assistant can open new professional opportunities for you, even enhance your visibility in your organisation, and improve your credibility with patients, students and their parents, etc.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person
SEN: Special Educational Needs
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and know your role as a teacher
- SEN Code of Practice
- Get an understanding on SENCO
- Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs
- Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils
- How to Deal with Pupils with Autism
- Understanding Learning Difficulties
- Anger Management Methods for Pupils With Special Needs
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- Conclusion SEN
- What is ADHD?
- Causes of ADHD
- Diagnosing ADHD
- Treating ADHD
- ADHD and Education
- Reasonable Adjustments: ADHD
- Adults with ADHD
- What is Dyslexia?
- Identifying Dyslexia
- Co-occurring Conditions
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- Creating Dyslexia Friendly Environment
- Solutions for Dyslexia
Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy
- Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy
- Main Ethical Principles of ASHA
Language Acquisition and Literacy Development
- Literacy, Roles of SLT and Preliteracy in Newborns
The Scientific Aspects of Language and Speech
- Speech Science
- Basic Structure and Function of the Human Nervous System
- Basics of Linguistics
- Communication Disorders and Fluency disorder
- Speech disorders
- Language Disorders
Other Speech and Language Disorders
- Agnosia, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Dementia
- Understanding Brain Damage Locations
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Huntington’s disease and Parkinson’s Disease
- Swallowing Disorders
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Speech Therapist and SEN Teaching Assistant Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Would I get a tuter on hand by phone if I need one and how long do's one have to finish the course. Thank you
Hi Ancell, Thanks for the question. We do provide 24 x 7 tutor support for our learners. You can get the online tutor support anytime you want and the tutor support over the phone is available in regular office hours (9 am - 5 pm) apart from the weekend days. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Eamonn Black asked:
Is there a completion time for the course?
Dear Eamonn, Thanks for contacting us. You will get one year access to the course. Within this one year anytime you can complete the course. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Amtul khan asked:
What’s the duration of course
Hi Amtul, Thanks for the question. The estimated course duration is 26 hours if you want to complete the course in one sitting. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what level is this course?
Hi Alicia, Thanks for reaching out. This is a Level 3 Diploma course. You will receive an accredited certificate at the end of the course. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you do an exam at the end or is it assessed
Dear Vicky, Thanks for contacting us. Yes, at the end of the course there is an online exam. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.