Add to basket or enquire
Our Speech & Language Therapy Diploma is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, for its high-quality and non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Speech & Language Therapy Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
If you’re looking to gain a greater understanding of speech therapy and language therapy, and explore the SLT techniques used by speech & language therapy professionals, then why not enrol on the Speech & Language Therapy online training course from One Education.
Enrolling on the Speech & Language Therapy course will give you an in-depth look at the allied health practises of speech therapy and language therapy. The Speech & Language Therapy course explores why speech & language therapy are so important, as well as a full understanding of what speech & language therapy actually are.
Through the Speech & Language Therapy course, you will learn more about the anatomy of speech and the characteristics of speech. Take a deep dive into literacy and language development, and take a deeper look at child speech & language disorders with the Speech & Language Therapy course. The Speech & Language Therapy course also touches on how to help children with speech & language difficulties, including listening difficulties, understanding difficulties, expressive language difficulties, and fluency difficulties. Enrol on the Speech & Language Therapy course and become an expert in speech & language therapy technique today!
What Will I Learn From This Speech & Language Therapy Course:
- Gain a complete overview of speech therapy
- Explore the science of speech
- Learn about the anatomy of speech
- Study the characteristics of speech
- Gain an understanding of literacy and language development
- Learn about child speech & language disorders
- Understand adult speech & language disorders
- Discover how to help a child with SL difficulties
Why People Enrol this Speech & Language Therapy Diploma From One Education:
- Receive an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Speech & Language Therapy Diploma
- Learning materials of our Speech & Language Therapy Diploma comprises engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Speech & Language Therapy Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Speech & Language Therapy Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Speech & Language Therapy Diploma
Please note that The title Speech and Language Therapist is protected by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and completion of this course neither entitles you to use the title Speech and Language Therapist nor call your services Speech and Language Therapy.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Speech & Language Therapy Diploma and broken it down into 7 easy-to-comprehend modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of these skills.
This Level 5 Diploma has been designed with the following modules:
Speech & Language Therapy
Module 1: An Overview of Speech Therapy
- What is Speech & Language Therapy?
- Why is Speech & Language Therapy Important?
- What do Students need to Learn in Speech & Language Therapy?
- Roles of the Speech & Language Therapist?
Module 2: The Science of Speech
- Speech Science
- The Speech Chain
- Speech Production
- Speech Perception
- Transmission of Speech
Module 3: The Anatomy of Speech
- The Physiology and Anatomy of the Human Face
- The Structure and Function of the Human Nervous System
Module 4: Characteristics of Speech: Linguistic Disciplines
Module 5: Literacy & Language Development
- Language Acquisition
- Language Development
- Literacy Development
Module 6: Child Speech & Language Disorders
- Child Speech and Language Disorders
- Medical Conditions
Module 7: Adult Speech & Language Disorders
- Adult Speech & Language Disorders
- Medical Conditions
Module 8: How to Help a Child with SL Difficulties
- Listening Difficulties
- Understanding Difficulties
- Expressive Language Difficulties
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Fluency Difficulties
- Reluctant Speakers
- Social Communication Difficulties
- Suggestions for Small Group Work
How is the Speech & Language Therapy Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module of our Speech & Language Therapy Diploma, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Speech & Language Therapy, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
CPD & IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Speech & Language Therapy, you will qualify for the CPD & IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
Speech & Language Therapy Diploma is ideal for —
- People looking to develop skills and expertise in speech & language therapy
- Anyone looking to learn a new skill or acquire some knowledge
The Speech & Language Therapy Diploma is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can you retake the final exam if you don't pass first time?
Dear Gary, Thank you for contacting us. If you fail your final exam at the first attempt, you can retake the exam. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Isaac Bamidele Stephen asked:
How long does it to complete this course? Days, weeks, months or a year
Dear Isaac, Thank you for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 390 hours. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.