Add to basket or enquire
Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) is an important health discipline that is responsible for the management and care of children and adults with communication and swallowing disorders. SLT is becoming a large and growing profession in the UK over the past few years.
This Speech And Language Therapy Course is designed to give the learners a thorough understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Speech Therapist and prepare them for a bright career related to these therapy skills.
Highlights of The Speech And Language Therapy:
- Understand the meaning of Speech Therapist and gain complete knowledge about the characteristics of an ideal Speech Therapist.
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of a Speech Therapist.
- Learn about the science of speech – Respiration, Phonation, Articulation and Central Nervous Control.
- Learn about Language Acquisition, Language Development and Literacy Development.
- Learn about the signs, causes, diagnosis and treatment of different Child Speech & Language Disorders.
- Learn about the signs, causes, diagnosis and treatment of different Adult Speech & Language Disorders.
Please note that this online training course does not entitle you to practise as a recognised speech therapist. If you are looking for a course to comply with HCPC’s requirements, please contact RCSLT or other relevant authority.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Speech And Language Therapy course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Speech And Language Therapy course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Speech And Language Therapy course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: An Overview of Speech Therapy
- What is Speech & Language Therapy?
- Why is Speech & Language Therapy Important?
- What Students Need to Learn in Speech & Language Therapy?
- Roles of the Speech & Language Therapist?
Module 2: The Science of Speech
- Speech Science
- The Speech Chain
- Speech Production
- Speech Perception
- Transmission of Speech
Module 3: The Anatomy of Speech
- The Physiology and Anatomy of the Human Face
- The Structure and Function of the Human Nervous System
Module 4: Characteristics of Speech: Linguistic Disciplines
Module 5: Literacy & Language Development
- Language Acquisition
- Language Development
- Literacy Development
Module 6: Child Speech & Language Disorders
- Child Speech and Language Disorders
- Medical Conditions
Module 7: Adult Speech & Language Disorders
- Adult Speech & Language Disorders
- Medical Conditions
How is the Speech And Language Therapy course assessed?
To successfully complete the Speech And Language Therapy course, you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful course completion, you will qualify for a CPD certificate from One Education as proof of your new skills. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Speech And Language Therapy course is ideal for —
- People looking to develop skills and expertise in speech & language therapy
- People aspiring for new jobs/promotions at their existing jobs
- Anyone looking to learn a new skill or acquire some knowledge
The Speech And Language Therapy course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need to have a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Whether you are passionate about a career in the relevant fields or just want some fundamental idea, our Speech And Language Therapy course will help you develop the essential skills & knowledge on this topic.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Does this course qualify me as a Speech & Language Therapist?
Hi Tasha, Thanks for reaching out. All the courses we are providing are self development online courses. We believe doing this course with enhance your skills level and will enable you to become successful in this field. Thanks Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What level is this please?
Hi Jade, This is a Level 2 Certificate course certified by the CPD. As CPD is recognised nationally in the UK and in other parts of the world, the CPD accredited certificate will be recognised as well. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How many hours should this course take? Do you have a set time to complete it?
Dear Becki, Thanks for contacting us. The total time length of the course is 7 hours. However, once you purchase the course, you will have one-year access to the course. Therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Regards, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.