Add to basket or enquire
Help those who need confidence in speaking bring words to life with the Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker Training Course.
In this course you will learn; how to build confidence for those with speech problems, with further knowledge in helping fix any speech or language issues that can be resolved.
The Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker Training Course covers; speech impediment therapy skills along with methods to assess, diagnose and treat children and adults with speech problems.
- Learn about speech and language impediments
- Develop skills to assess, diagnose and treat speech impediments
- Learn how to build confidence with your patients
- Learn the intricacies of literacy development
- Develop your knowledge of the science behind speech and language
- Improve your knowledge around speech disorders and improvement techniques
- Learn about language acquisition
- Learn the main ethical principles of ASHA
What will you learn in this Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker
Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy
- Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy
- Main Ethical Principles of ASHA
Language Acquisition and Literacy Development
- Literacy, Roles of SLT and Preliteracy in Newborns
The Scientific Aspects of Language and Speech
- Speech Science
- Basic Structure and Function of the Human Nervous System
- Basics of Linguistics
- Communication Disorders and Fluency disorder
- Speech disorders
- Language Disorders
Other Speech and Language Disorders
- Agnosia, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Dementia
- Understanding Brain Damage Locations
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Huntington’s disease and Parkinson’s Disease
- Swallowing Disorders
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
Who is this course for?
Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker Course is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field.
Our Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker Course is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there is no specific requirements to attend this course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.