The Teachers Training
Add to basket or enquire
As a teacher, it’s vital you know how to provide the level of care and attention each child needs, even if they need additional support in the classroom. Enrolling on the Speech and Language Disorders course will help you work with children with speech and language disorders.
Whether you’re looking to specialise in speech and language therapy, or simply want to improve your teaching skill set, the Speech and Language Disorders course will provide you with a deeper understanding of a range of speech and language disorders, as well as how to provide appropriate teaching support to pupils with additional needs.
Through the Speech and Language Disorders course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the causes and types of speech disorders, as well as an in-depth knowledge of communication and language in general. Understand a range of basic strategies to help children in your classroom with specific language needs, and learn about the appropriate way to intervene with children exhibiting such disorders. After completing each of the comprehensive units on the Speech and Language Disorders course, you will be better placed to work with children with speech and language disorders.
Skills You Will Gain on the Speech and Language Disorders Course:
After completing the Speech and Language Disorders course, you will learn the following skills:
- A greater knowledge of speech and language disorders
- How to recognise a range of speech and language disorders
- Providing support to children with speech and language disorders
- Language skills
Why Study Speech and Language Disorders with Teachers Training:
Here are just some of the reasons why our students enrol on the Speech and Language Disorders course:
- Access the Speech and Language Disorders Course through our dedicated online learning platform
- 24/7 access to tutor support
- The Speech and Language Disorders course is packed with interactive course content
- Affordable prices and high-quality training
- The Speech and Language Disorders course is accredited by the UK’s top awarding bodies
- Complete the Speech and Language Disorders course 100% online, from any internet-enabled device
- Flexible course deadlines with full access to the Speech and Language Disorders course for one year
Every course we design at Teachers Training has been expertly crafted to give students the skills and knowledge they need to join the teaching profession. Our courses are packed with comprehensive modules to ensure every course is a quality learning experience for our learners.
Our learners are always our top priority, and the Speech and Language Disorders has been specifically designed to provide learners with the highest level of knowledge and skills possible.
After successfully completing the Speech and Language Disorders, students will receive a recognised qualification that will help enhance your CV and give you the extra boost you need to stand out from the crowd in the competitive job market. Learn everything you need on the Speech and Language Disorders to advance in your chosen career and get the job you want!
Enrol now and enjoy the expertly-made Speech and Language Disorders from Teachers Training.
***Child & Adult Speech & Language Disorders Certificate***
Module 01: The Science of Speech
- Speech Science
- The Speech Chain
- Speech Production
- Speech Perception
- Transmission of Speech
Module 02: Child Speech & Language Disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Preschool Language Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Selective Mutism
- Medical Conditions
Module 03: Adult Speech & Language Disorders
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Medical Conditions
Module 04: How to Help a Child with SL Difficulties
- Listening Difficulties
- Understanding Difficulties
- Expressive Language Difficulties
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Fluency Difficulties
- Reluctant Speakers
- Social Communication Difficulties
- Suggestions for Small Group Work
After completing all the modules in the Speech and Language Disorders, students will be required to sit a multiple-choice assessment to test your knowledge. The assessment will be delivered through our online learning platform, with immediate results available upon completion.
CPD Certification from The Teachers Training:
After successfully completing the multiple-choice assessment for the Speech and Language Disorders, students will qualify for a CPD-accredited certificate from Teachers Training to showcase your new achievement.
- Free PDF certificates are available for instant download as soon as students have successfully completed the assessment
- Hard copy certificates can be ordered and sent via post for only £8.99
Add an amazing new skill to your CV and give yourself a competitive advantage when applying for jobs!
Who is this course for?
This Speech and Language Disorders course is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Work with children with speech and language disorders
- Specialise in the field of speech therapy and language therapy
- Add to the skill set needed to work in the teaching and child care profession
- Make a career change and explore new career opportunities
- Gain a formal, accredited qualification to improve their career opportunities
The Speech and Language Disorders Course has no formal entry requirements. However, we do ask that all students:
- Have a passion for learning
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Be motivated and hard-working
- Are over the age of 16
Enrol on the Speech and Language Disorders course today and discover the essential skills and knowledge needed to assist students with speech and language disorders. Opportunities in this field include:
- SEN Teacher
- Teaching Assistant
- Primary School Teacher
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Isabelle Daly asked:
If I purchase the speech and language disorders course today but start a few weeks later, will that be OK?
Dear Isabelle, Yes, you can purchase the course now and start a few weeks later. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Luke Chadwick asked:
Do I need any previous experience or any academic qualification for this course
Dear Luke, No, you do not need to have any previous experience or qualification to enroll into this course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.