Add to basket or enquire
Specialised Nutrition Training with Nursing Care (USA Standards)
The field of Nursing and Patient Care is extremely rewarding. Our online Nursing Assistant course will help you learn important fundamental, practical skills involved in a career as a Nursing Assistant. Unlike other traditional nursing courses, our online program lets you study at home at a time and place that is most comfortable to you.
Within the field of Nursing and Patient Care you will be responsible for the health and wellbeing of others. Good diet and nutrition are extremely important, and can improve overall health. Being qualified to give nutrition advice and support to patients will be a huge advantage.
This online Nursing Assistant Training course (USA Standards) provides an overview of the skills and techniques required in areas such as advanced patient hygiene procedures, environmental health and safety awareness for the practice nurse, and how to ensure patient safety and comfort in the adult care setting.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
Please Note: This Course is Based on USA Standards.
* Free E-certificate (No additional cost for E-certificates)
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum
Course Curriculum : Specialised Nutrition Training with Nursing Care
NUTRITIONAL SPECIALIST UNITS
- Basic Principles of Nutrition
- Nutrition and Life Cycle Stages
- Understanding the Energy Balance & The Body
- Recognizing the Chemical Composition of Nutrients
- Nutritional Biochemistry – Part One
- Nutritional Biochemistry – Part Two
- Nutrition-Related Physiology
- Digestion & Nutrient Absorption Part One
- Digestion & Nutrient Absorption Part Two
- Metabolism of Nutrients
- Carbohydrates in Health & Nutrition
- Role of Protein’s in Nutrition
- Role of Lipids in Health & Nutrition
- Discover Vitamins in Nutrition
- Role of Minerals in Health & Nutrition
- Understanding Symptoms of Mineral Deficiency & Toxicity
- Meeting Nutrient Requirements – Part 1
- Meeting Nutrient Requirements – Part 2
- Nutritional Assessment Methods – Part 1
- Nutritional Assessment Methods – Part 2
- Clinical Intervention & Monitoring Techniques – Part 1
- Clinical Intervention & Monitoring Techniques – Part 2
- Clinical Intervention & Monitoring Techniques – Part 3
- Nutrient and Drug Interactions
- Behavior Optimization and Dietary Therapeutics
- The Risk of Eating Disorders to Nutrition
- Analyzing Professional Issues in Nutrition
NURSING ASSISTANT UNITS
- Introduction to Nursing
- Communication in Nursing
- Health and Safety for Nursing
- Hygiene for Nursing
- Infection Control
- Medication Administration for Nursing
- Understanding Immune System in Nursing
- Rest and Sleep for Nurses
- Mobility and Immobility Issues in Nursing
- Pain Management for Nurses
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Oxygenation in Nursing
- Module Book- Nursing Training
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Specialised Nutrition Training with Nursing Care certificate.
Who is this course for?
- This course is perfect for anyone who is hoping to work in nursing care
- This course would also be helpful for any nutritionist hoping to focus on the elderly
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
This course could help you become:
- Nutrition Specialist
- Home Health Care Nutrition Specialist
- Health and Social Care Work
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
After doing this course, will there be any advancement of the course, or does the course have credits to qualify one to apply for a degree maybe?
Dear Dumisani, Thank you for your query. This is a CPD accredited course and this is equal to Advance Level and this diploma, you will gain basic knowledge. Upon completion you will gain 16 CPD points with this course. Hurry up to grab the discount as it ends soon. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.