Add to basket or enquire
We all know that the wounds, scars, and burns we see in movies are not true. But have you ever marveled at how true and realistic they look? It all became possible through the evolution of SFX makeup, which made the entertainment industry more interesting to watch and engage with. It is the ultimate place for creative and passionate individuals to spurt and if you too wish to be a part of this amazing industry, get started with this course in Special Effects Makeup – beginners right now.
This course program is bound with very intense videos and learning materials that are sure to bring out the SFX makeup diva in you. With a brief introduction to the Special Effects Makeup industry, you will be taught about the importance of special effects makeup in the current entertainment world and how to build the skills that are needed to create flawless special effects makeup.
You will also be shown how to create burns, scars, scratches, open wounds and bruises in a human body, in addition to the minute details that make them more realistic.
Why should you choose us?
- No Hidden Fee
- Free e-certificate (PDF)
- Free Career Support Service
- Free CV Writing and Interview Skills Pack available with this course.
- Get 2 days (48 hours) of free access to one of our 140 course strong course libraries, we will issue access upon your request when you have purchased a course.
- Nationally and internationally recognised Accredited qualification
- Excellent quality video tutorials
- Get Tutor support Monday-Friday
- Get one year's access to the course
- Get support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join our friendly online learning platform
- Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices. So, you can access your course on Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
- There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
- All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
This online training course is comprehensive and is designed to cover the key topics listed under the curriculum. This course has been designed for 4 guided learning hours.
- Special Effect Make up - Tutor Intro
- Module One : Burns
- Module Two : Scars & Scratches
- Module Three : Open Wounds
- Module Four : Removing Wounds
- Module Five : Bruises
During the course of study, you will be able to learn about:
- Understand the growing need for SFX makeup in the entertainment world
- Build the skills needed to create flawless special effects makeup
- Create burns, scars and scratches in a human body using special effects
- Learn how to draw open wounds and bruises
- Explore the minute details that makes a wound or bruise more realistic
Successful learners will be awarded a Certificate in Special Effect Makeup – Beginners
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test. This online multiple-choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested in a special effects makeup career
- Professionals looking to progress within the SFX makeup industry
- Anyone curious about how SFX makeup works
Learners should be age 16 or over and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
This course will provide you with all the necessary skills to become a Special Effects Makeup Artist. This career is extremely rewarding and means you’ll be working for film, television and theatre companies, and you will have the opportunity to work your way up to high level roles within this industry. On average the starting salary is £20,000, and this increases with experience
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Chyna Thompson asked:
Hi, I was just wondering is there any equipment needed to practice?
Dear Chyna Thank you very much for your query. This is an onloine course and you will understand the growing need for SFX makeup in the entertainment world,Build the skills needed to create flawless special effects makeup,Create burns, scars and scratches in a human body using special effects,Learn how to draw open wounds and bruises,Explore the minute details that makes a wound or bruise more realistic. Hurry up ! as the discount ends soon. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I did A Level English (did & passed both) did ICT & Maths to GCSE passed former but failed latter so I'm wondering how 'maths' is it? Thanks. Kris
Dear Kris Thank you very much for your query. You can enroll. The offer ends tomorrow, so hurry up and get the discount as you will receive 24/7 access. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.