NCC Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
The Special Educational Needs course is aimed at providing the learner with all the knowledge needed to work in the SEN sector in the UK. This home learning course is flexible and can be studied around an individual’s schedule.
The SEN course aims to provide the learner with knowledge of what Special Education Needs are and how they affect an individual’s learning. There are many different types of Special Educational Needs, these are covered in the course and how different needs are catered to. The course will also cover the role of a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
You will develop a broad understanding of special educational needs, as well as the provision of SEN or additional learning provisions in schools. This course encourages you to examine school policies, the role of outside agencies, the school-designated SENCO or Special Education Needs Coordinator, and various SENCO resources available.
- Module 1 – Special Educational Needs (SEN) Overview
- Module 2 – SEN Provision in Schools and Policies
- Module 3 – SENCo Role and Outside Agencies
- Module 4 – Some Common SEN Conditions Found in Schools
- Module 5 – Behaviour
- Module 6 – Inclusive Education
Duration study load
- 360 hours
- No previous knowledge required
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Certificate of completion
- Once enrolled you will be eligible to apply for a TOTUM PRO student card to enjoy a variety of student discounts across the UK
- This course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that NCC Home Learning has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria.
Assignments are required to be completed by the student. Your work will be marked and reviewed by your own personal expert tutor with feedback.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at an individual who is looking to go into a SENCo role or someone who is already employed and is looking to reinforce their knowledge.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Upon completion candidates can use alongside a Teaching Assistant qualification to work in a school setting.
Questions and answers
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.