The Teachers Training
Add to basket or enquire
If you’re interested in pursuing a career as a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) and would like to gain the professional skills and knowledge essential to make you successful in your new career, then enrol on the SENCO online training course today. This SENCO course has been created by experts to give you a deeper understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a SENCO.
Split over 10 in-depth modules, the Special Educational Needs Coordinator training course is the ideal introduction to what is expected of a SENCO. The Special Educational Needs Coordinator course explores how you can work with the whole school to ensure the needs of students with special needs are met at all times. Discover how to support pupils throughout the learning process and work with the senior leadership team.
- This SENCO is endorsed by TQUK, an Ofqual-regulated awarding organisation in the UK, guaranteeing all students a recognised professional achievement upon completion of the SENCO.
- The SENCO is also accredited by CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students as proof of your new qualification.
The SENCO course is TQUK endorsed, ensuring a quality learning experience and guaranteeing you a professional achievement. Enrolling on the Special Educational Needs Coordinator course will prepare you with the skills you need to develop strong relationships with your pupils and their parents, as well as looking forward to what the SENCO role means in the future.
Skills You Will Gain
After completing the Special Educational Needs Coordinator course, you will learn the following skills:
- Excellent time management
- Leading, managing and training staff
- Curriculum planning
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
Why Study Special Educational Needs Coordinator with Teachers Training:
Here are just some of the reasons why our students enrol on the Special Educational Needs Coordinator course:
- Access the SENCO through our dedicated online learning platform
- 24/7 access to tutor support
- The Special Educational Needs Coordinator course is packed with interactive course content
- Affordable prices and high-quality training
- The Special Educational Needs Coordinator course is accredited by the UK’s top awarding bodies
- Complete the Special Educational Needs Coordinator course 100% online, from any internet-enabled device
- Flexible course deadlines with full access to the Special Educational Needs Coordinator course for one year
Every course we design at Teachers Training has been expertly crafted to give students the skills and knowledge they need to join the teaching profession. Our courses are packed with comprehensive modules to ensure every course is a quality learning experience for our learners.
Our learners are always our top priority, and the SENCO has been specifically designed to provide learners with the highest level of knowledge and skills possible.
After successfully completing the Special Educational Needs Coordinator Course, students will receive a recognised qualification that will help enhance your CV and give you the extra boost you need to stand out from the crowd in the competitive job market. Learn everything you need on the SENCO to advance in your chosen career and get the job you want!
Enrol now and enjoy the expertly-made SENCO from Teachers Training.
***Special Educational Needs Coordinator***
Module 1: Introduction to SEN Co-ordination
- Definition of special educational needs
- Relevant points of the Children and Families Act 2014
- Key Principles
- The role of education providers in improving outcomes
- SEN in the Ofsted framework
- The national perspective of SENCO training
Module 2: The SENCO Role in Policy and Practice
- The beginnings of the SENCO role
- The SENCO role today: responsibilities as determined by the 2015 SEND Code of Practice
- The SENCO role in practice
- Shaping your SENCO role
Module 3: Roles and Responsibilities within whole School SEN Co-ordination
- Duties of governing bodies & trust boards
- The role of the SENCO
- Decide to be operational, strategic or both
- Developing and understanding your ethos towards inclusion
- Developing your understanding of the definition of SEN
- Time and Resources
- The SEN budget
- Leading, managing and training staff
- Developing and maintaining whole school approach
Module 4: Supporting Teaching and Learning
- What is the curriculum?
- Learning to learn
- Important theories of effective learning and teaching
- The influence of behavioural science on SEN curriculum and pedagogy
- Cognitive development
- Lessons to be learnt from cognitive interventions and approaches
- Affective perspectives
- The creative curriculum
- The SENCO’s role in supporting teaching and learning
Module 5: The SENCO and the Senior Leadership Team
- The role of the SENCO and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- If a SENCO should be on SLT
- The status of the SENCO role
- Leading without being part of SLT: leading with status
- Developing your status as a brand new SENCO
- Developing your status as a more established SENCO
- Creating priority through a development plan
Module 6: Supporting Colleagues and working with Professionals and Organisations beyond the School
- Importance of leading and supporting colleagues
- The SENCO role: leading and supporting colleagues
- Unpicking the role of teachers
- Leading and supporting colleagues: a whole-school approach
- Leading and supporting specific groups
- Education services
- Child health services
- Social services
- Voluntary organisations
- The SENCO’s role in working within the multi-professional network Services working collaboratively with teachers and SENCO’s
Module 7: Developing Relationship with Pupils and Parents
- Children and families at the centre: the policy context
- Pupil relationships and Importance
- Family relationships and Importance
- Meeting the SEND Code of Practice guidance
- An awareness of potential barriers
- Pupil relationships: whole-school approaches
- Pupil relationships: individual approaches
- Family relationships: whole-school approaches
- Family relationships: individual approaches
- Specific circumstances: Education, Health and Care plans
Module 8: SENCO’s Role in Leading and Managing SEND Administration
- Working with governors
- The management of SEN records
- Referral for an EHC assessment
- Annual review of EHC plans
- Dealing with complaints
- The SEND Tribunal
- The school’s role in tribunal cases
- Preparation by the SENCO for an Ofsted inspection
- Funding for personal budgets
Module 9: Challenges and Opportunities
- Time and workload
- How to grow your networks?
- Managing the National Award for SEN Coordination
Module 10: Developing Inclusive Practice and the Future SENCO Role
- The language of SEND and disability
- What is inclusive education?
- Parents’ choice
- SENCO’s role in training and developing others
- Support and training for SENCOs
- SENCOs developing inclusive practice
- Building constructs
- Wider educational changes and how these may impact on the future SENCO role
- Shaping your future SENCO role
After completing all the modules in the Special Educational Needs Coordinator, students will be required to sit a multiple-choice assessment to test your knowledge. The assessment will be delivered through our online learning platform, with immediate results available upon completion.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK:
After successfully completing the SENCO assignment, students will be eligible for a globally-recognised TQUK-endorsed certification for an accreditation fee of £59. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from The Teachers Training:
After successfully completing the multiple-choice assessment for the SENCO, students will qualify for a CPD-accredited certificate from Teachers Training to showcase your new achievement.
- Free PDF certificates are available for instant download as soon as students have successfully completed the assessment
- Hard copy certificates can be ordered and sent via post for only £8.99
Add an amazing new skill to your CV and give yourself a competitive advantage when applying for jobs!
Who is this course for?
This Special Educational Needs Coordinator course is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Learn the skills needed to become a SENCO
- Make a career change and explore new career opportunities
- Gain a formal, accredited qualification to improve their career opportunities
- Develop the skills and knowledge needed to work in education
The Special Educational Needs Coordinator has no formal entry requirements. However, we do ask that all students:
- Have a passion for learning
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Be motivated and hard-working
- Are over the age of 16
Enrol on the Special Educational Needs Coordinator course today and discover the essential skills and knowledge needed to become a SENCO. Opportunities in this field include:
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- SEN Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.