Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in this software engineering course. Learn Python, Java, Object Oriented Programming, and machine learning part-time in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer. Software engineering is a creative career that allows you to work with code and people, as well as hardware and other computer systems. This career places you at the heart of the digital economy, with endless scope for growth. Start your coding journey today towards becoming an in-demand software engineer.
- Software Engineer Syllabus - download
Our bootcamp is structured to allow you to start coding as soon as possible. Tasks are designed to teach you the theory needed to develop your skills, and give you the opportunity to practice implementing your newly acquired Python, Java and machine learning knowledge by completing practical activities.
You’ll learn how to write code that can interact with databases, and that uses established design patterns and algorithms to create useful software that solves real-world problems. Advanced-level outcomes also include being able to test, debug, deploy and maintain software systems, as well as guaranteeing their quality.
Throughout the bootcamp, you will be guided to develop the skills required to think beyond mere software development and deployment. You’ll also learn to manage a software development project using agile development while communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Here is where you learn how software forms part of a system’s architecture, and how to apply best practice principles during the software development lifecycle.
Outcomes of the bootcamp include:
- Design solutions to problems, and express them using pseudo-code and algorithms.
- Write useful code using Python and Java, two of the best programming languages to learn as they’re used throughout the industry to create various web and mobile applications.
- Understand and apply computer science fundamentals, including data structures such as lists. Other fundamentals covered include algorithms for sorting and hashing, and using Big O Notation to analyse the performance of an algorithm.
- Use agile development for software development projects.
- Design, plan, build, test, debug, refactor, deploy and maintain a software system.
- Use established design patterns and Git to ensure version control.
- Become job-ready with our career support team that guides and prepares you for the tech career you’re aiming for.
Who is this course for?
This course is for all levels of coding experience, however cater for beginners. No prior knowledge of coding is required when taking this bootcamp, as we help you progress from beginner to advanced, becoming job-ready in only six months. Right from the start of the bootcamp, you’re taught how to think like a programmer by developing systematic algorithms to solve various problems.
Certain career paths that are available to those who complete the Software Engineer Bootcamp include business analyst, software architect, software developer and software engineer.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.