Add to basket or enquire
Managing social housing encompasses thousands of tasks, including — collecting rent, ensuring quality homes, establishing pleasant relations with tenants and much more! To manage this affordable housing while upholding the standards requires a suite of outstanding skills. With this Social Housing Management course, you can gain all the skills needed to run a social housing facility.
In simple terms, social housing is affordable housing. It's a safe haven that protects, nourishes, and shields people on lower-income or special requirements. There is so much to learn about social housing — from environmental issues to the evolving civil society landscape. With the Social Housing Management course, you'll be able to educate yourself on many facets of social housing.
Throughout this course, you will learn about the fundamentals of social housing and how it is of massive importance for people who lack shelter or support. This social housing management course will swiftly train you in the skills of maintaining a property, selecting & managing tenants, rights of tenants and much more. Besides, you will get to know how to handle the finance for the properties and deal with arrears.
With this learning pack, you will learn how to establish a good relationship with the tenants. This course will also train you in dealing with anti-social behaviour and educate you on the benefits of tenant participation. By the end of this course, you will have an in-depth understanding of social housing growth and know the exciting career prospects in this sector.
Our Social Housing Management Course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development.
Sign up for this Social Housing Management course today — learn all about social housing and extend your hand to help people with necessity.
What you'll get out of this Social Housing Management course:
- Get a comprehensive introduction to social housing.
- Learn why social housing is needed and understand the range of people living in it.
- Know the steps of the tenant selection process in detail.
- Get step-by-step guidance on tenant management and learn how to handle complaints.
- Become skilled at managing rental income and deal with arrears.
- Explore the facets of social housing like maintenance, safety, security and more.
- Understand the purpose and benefits of tenant participants in social housing.
- Be able to deal with anti-social behaviour, including disregard for the community, environmental damage, misuse of public space etc.
- Familiarise yourself with the growth of social housing and relevant job prospects in the UK.
Why People Enrol this Social Housing Management Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Social Housing Management Course
- Learning materials of our Social Housing Management Course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Social Housing Management course content for a full year
- Complete the Social Housing Management Course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Social Housing Management Course
This Social Housing Management Course is designed with the following modules:
Social Housing Management
Module 01: Introduction to Social Housing
- What is Social Housing?
- The Necessity of Social Housing
- Range of People Living in Social Housing
Module 02: Tenant Selection and Tenant Management
- Application Procedure
- Tenant Responsibilities
- Housing Allocation
- Tenancy Transfers
- Tenancy Agreements
- Handling Complaints
Module 03: Managing Rental Income and Arrears
- Strategic Approach
- Organisational Structure
- Preventative Measures
- Arrears Collection
- Former Tenants Arrears
- Legal Action
- Rent Restructuring
Module 04: Maintenance, Safety, and Security of Social Housing
- House Rules
- Managing Maintenance and Condition
- Room Inspections
- Seasonal Maintenance
- General Safety Procedures
- Healthy Home Rating System
- Fire Prevention in Social Houses
Module 05: Resident Involvement in Social Housing
- The Benefits of Tenant Participation
- Type, Purpose and Focus of Tenant Participation Activities
- Motivations, Barriers and Drivers of Tenant Participation
- Translating Resident Views
Module 06: Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviours
- The Definition of Anti-Social Behaviour
- Acts Directed at People
- Disregard for Community
- Environmental Damage
- Misuse of Public Space
- Supporting the Vulnerable
- Preventing Anti-Social Behaviour in Social Housing
Module 07: Career Prospects of Social Housing Manager
- The Growth of Social Housing in England
- Job Providers
- Job Responsibility as a Social Housing Manager
- Skills Necessary for a Social Housing Manager
- Challenges in Social Housing Sectors
- Future of Social Housing
How is the Social Housing Management Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Social Housing Management, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £109
IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Social Housing Management, you will qualify for the IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Social Housing Management Course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in social housing management
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Social Housing Management Course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Social Housing Management Course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Social Housing Management course offers you a comprehensive grasp of social housing and the related competencies. By completing this course, you will be able to pursue several exciting job opportunities, such as —
- Housing Officer
- Housing Manager
- Housing Consultant
- Social Housing Researcher
In the UK, the approximate yearly salary for these career opportunities is from £15,000 to £35,000.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
It says this course is £18 is this a month or in total.Answer:
Dear Caroline, Thank you for your question. The mentioned price is the total price for the full course. You do not need to pay anything monthly. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, how do you get course materials. For example books to assist with what questions have to be answered. Kind regards MaureenAnswer:
Hi Maureen, Thanks for the question. All our courses are completely online. Once you will purchase the course, we will assign you to the course and you can study the course online from your account. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
after the course do you get a certificateAnswer:
Dear Shamar, Thank you for contacting us. Once you will successfully complete and pass the course, you will be able to obtain an accredited certificate of achievement. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.