Add to basket or enquire
Social housing offers millions of people around the country the chance to rent accommodation owned or regulated by either the state or non-profit organisations. While it remains a controversial topic, it’s also recognised as a possible solution to housing inequality.
This Social Housing Management course illustrates the roles and responsibilities of a housing manager or officer in the most effective way possible. By enrolling in this course, you’ll learn how to maintain housing and residence-associated services on the side of housing associations, private sector organisations, local authorities or charities. You’ll also understand the importance of different types of housing supports and rental assistance for a well-rounded development.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in social housing or individuals currently working in government departments, non-governmental organisation or housing agencies.
Highlights of Social Housing Management:
- Understand the concept of Social Housing including the increasing demand for it.
- Explore the origins of Social Housing, the objectives and plans of Social Landlords.
- Identify the significant connection of supply and demand with housing and its impact.
- Receive a detailed overview of housing management and the management of temporary accommodation.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of housing finance topics ranging from housing balance and capital operations to revenue operations to scope for HRA subsidy reform.
- Discover a complete foundation to Housing Development, the importance of sustainability, planning and the crucial development process.
- Gain valuable skills and knowledge to assist and support families in need.
We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Social Housing Management
Module 1: Introduction to Social Housing
- What is Social Housing
- Why We Need More Social Housing
- Social Housing Providers
Module 2: The Origins and Changes of Social Housing
- The Origins of Social Housing, the Purpose, and Aims of Social Landlords
- Changes and the Impact on Functions of Social Housing
Module 3: Supply and Demand
- What has Supply and Demand Got to do With Housing?
- What is Affordable Housing?
- Demand and Need
- Acute Housing Need
- The Management of Housing Need
- Supply Issues
- Areas of Oversupply
Module 4: Housing Management
- Managing Social Housing
- Forms of Social Housing Tenancy
- Managing the Patch
- Special Needs Housing Management
- Special Consideration Groups
- Unfavorable Medical or Related Condition
- Street Sleepers
- Other Victims of Societal Prejudice
- The Management of Temporary Accommodation
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Organisational Management Issues
Module 5: Housing Finance
- Understanding Housing Finance
- Housing Balances
- Capital Operations in the Social Housing Sector
- Housing Association Capital Finance
- Revenue Operations in the Social Housing Sector
- Scope for HRA Subsidy Reform
Module 6: Housing Development
- Introduction to Housing Development
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Planning Policy Implications
- The Importance of Sustainability
- The Importance of Planning
- The Development Process
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Social Housing Management is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, how do you get course materials. For example books to assist with what questions have to be answered. Kind regards Maureen
Hi Maureen, Thanks for the question. All our courses are completely online. Once you will purchase the course, we will assign you to the course and you can study the course online from your account. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
after the course do you get a certificate
Dear Shamar, Thank you for contacting us. Once you will successfully complete and pass the course, you will be able to obtain an accredited certificate of achievement. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.