Add to basket or enquire
Social care with Children and Families
Change a life by doing a job you love. Sign up for this course and gain highly specialised skills to be able to work with children and families.
Team up with teachers, lawyers, police and medical professionals to provide quality care, guidance and support to children and families through social work.
What will I learn?
This course will introduce you to the structure of the family. You will learn of the necessary factors, which need to be taken into consideration, as well as the correct procedures and courses of action involved when working with children and families in a social work context.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
A programme consisting of 12 informative modules will ensure that you have all the essential knowledge to be able to deliver excellence in social care. What makes learning easier than ever, is that you can study this course from anywhere, at a time that best works around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will prepare you with a mindfulness of factors of consideration, courses of action and procedures involved with working as a social worker for children and families.
- Analyse the concept of the family with reference to historical, sociological and political perspectives.
- Explore your own attitudes to the family as an institution.
- Develop a critical knowledge and awareness of inequality between and within families.
- Discover the variety of different types of families to be found in a multicultural society.
- Explore the importance of key principles in social work with children and families.
- Understand the tensions involved in practice with a principles perspective.
- Be able to provide a personal statement of principles.
- Understand the process of social work in terms of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Be able to relate these processes to social work with children and families.
- Establish the links between process and good practice.
- Identify values and knowledge required for direct work with children and young people.
- Identify and critically evaluate particular skills for direct work with children and young people.
- Recognise the needs of adults in the family.
- Look at examples of particular needs and how these might be met with social work support.
- Identify ways in which social workers can work with the family as a group.
- Identify some of the skills for working with the family as a group.
- Discover some working definitions of child abuse.
- Identify some of the problems in defining child abuse.
- Learn some of the main reasons why child abuse occurs.
- Recognise the key factors you need to take into account in carrying out an assessment of a child thought to be at risk.
- Learn how the investigation of suspected child abuse might be carried out.
- Explore the main issues involved in working with child protection committees.
- Gain knowledge of what is involved in planning, carrying out and following up work with a child who has been harmed.
- Be able to work with other family members when a child has been harmed.
- Be able to encourage adults and children to participate in planning, carrying out and reviewing the work.
- Understand what ‘being looked after in local authority accommodation’ means.
- Find out how some children come to be looked after by the local authority
- Identify the legal basis for the local authority looking after children.
- Evaluate the risks to children being looked after by the local authority.
- Look at the key features of social work with children being looked after by the local authority.
- Learn how work to place children with foster carer's should be carried out.
- Explore how some transitions family members need to negotiate and explain the impact they have on family members.
- Understand the impact of some losses and gains on family members.
- Identify ways in which social workers may work with the family at times of transition.
- Identify the use and value of appropriate language in relation to children with special needs.
- Discover the legal framework for children with special needs in England and Wales.
- Evaluate the relationship between needs and services for children with special needs and their families.
- Be able to inform your social work practice with an understanding of anti-oppressive issues.
- Recognise the concepts of empowerment and Partnership.
- Be able to apply the concepts of empowerment and partnership in your work with children and families.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite
- You will gain an endorsed Diploma
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge
- A great introductory course which can be a stepping-stone to a thriving career in Social Work
UNITS OF STUDY
- The Social and Political Context of Social Work with Children and Families
- Principles of Social Work with Children and Families
- The Process of Social Work with Children and Families
- Direct Work with Children and Young People in the Family
- Working with Adults in the Family
- Working with the Family as a Group
- Immediate Protection of the Child
- Protecting Children 2: Ensuring the Child's Future Welfare
- Working with Children being Looked after by the Local Authority
- Social Work with Families through Transitions, Loss and Gain
- Children and Families and Special Needs
- Empowerment and Partnership in Work with Children and Families
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How much will this course cost altogether and do I have to pay if I fail the exam- how much for re-sit
Hi Lizzy, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that you don't have to pay for the test as you can take them as many times as you want during the course validity. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does your certificates say CPD written on it.
Hi Duaa, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that this is a knowledge-based training and after completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, will this course be offered at the reduced price again soon? I missed out on it yesterday and am very interested in purchasing it. Thanks
Hi Lindsey, The Summer Sale offer has been refreshed until the end of the month. Kind Regards, Denise MThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.