Rawlings Safety and Training
Add to basket or enquire
The SSSTS course is designed for first line managers or those preparing to undertake a site supervision role, typically supervisors, gangers, team leaders and foremen. At this stage in their career they will need to learn about monitoring the safety practices of groups of operatives.
- Course programme - download
Upon completion of the SSSTS training course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry;
- Appreciate how health and safety law is structured;
- Identify how their supervisory role fits into that of the manager in controlling site safety;
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements;
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings;
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
The course covers The Health and Safety at Work etc Act and regulations relevant to the construction industry, including
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System (SMS).
- Occupational Health.
- Fire Prevention and Control.
- Risk Assessment, Method Statements and Permit-to-work.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- CDM Regulations 2015.
- Working At Height.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Manual Handling.
- Accidents and First Aid.
Who is this course for?
This course is for first line managers, or those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
N.B It must be stressed to all course attendees the need to attend ALL sessions since without full attendance the examining body will not award the CITB SSSTS Construction Site Supervisors Safety Certificate.
The method of assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
This course is an ideal introduction for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management and upon successful completion of this course a natural progression would be the five-day Site Management Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.