Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
By taking this course today, your child will have the knowledge of sewing. This course includes videos and printable instructions that will walk your child through everything they need to know to complete each project safely and sew with ease and confidence
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
This online course includes videos and printable instructions that will walk your child through everything they need to know to complete each project safely and sew with ease and confidence.
WHO IS IT FOR?
It’s ideal for kids between 8 years and 14 years old who would like to learn to sew and stitch and/or who already have an established desire for sewing, design and crafts.
CLASSES ON YOUR OWN SCHEDULE
Finally, classes scheduled when it is convenient for you! You can log in anytime, day or night. Your child will have lifetime access to the course! No more worrying about schedule conflicts or classes being cancelled.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- How to Safely operate a sewing machine.
- How to cut fabric.
- How to be creative and select their own fabrics & trims for their projects.
- How to sew 3 different basic stitches on a sewing machine.
- How to use an Iron safely.
- And much more!
Sewing For Kids course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1 - Welcome
Topic 2 - Note To The Adult
- Course Information For The Adult Supervising
Topic 3 - Supplies
- Sewing Course Supplies
- Printable Supply List
Topic 4 - Setup And Safety
- Setting Up Your Work Area
- Sewing Machine Safety: A Note For The Adult And Student
- How To Use The Sewing Machine Safely
- Sewing Supply Safety
- How To Safely Use An Iron
- Iron Safety
- How To Use A Seam Ripper
Topic 5 - Fabric
- Fabric Basics
- Fabric Prep
Topic 6 - Getting To Know The Sewing Machine
- The 10 Main Parts Of A Sewing Machine
- Parts Of The Machine: Printable
- Parts Of A Sewing Machine: Advanced
- Parts Of The Sewing Machine Graphics
Topic 7 - Learning Control
- Controlling Your Speed And Guiding Fabric
- Sewing Practice: Controlling Speed And Guiding Fabric
- Controlling Your Speed And Guiding Fabric Without A Needle
- Note To The Adult: Sewing With A Needle
- Controlling Your Speed With A Needle In The Machine
- How To Thread A Sewing Machine
- How To Thread The Machine Printable
- How To Use A Magnetic Seam Guide
- How To Backstitch
Topic 8 - Sewing Straight Lines: Making A Pillowcase
- Pillow Case
- Pillowcase Band
- Sew The Main Pillowcase
- Attaching The Band
- Pillowcase Instructions
Topic 9 - Changing Your Stitches: Sewing A Bookmark
- Adjusting The Stitches
- Sewing Practice Adjusting Your Stitches
- Instructions For Bookmark
- Bookmark Supplies
- Making Your Bookmark Pattern
- Cutting Out The Bookmark
- Cutting Your Ribbon
- Adding Ribbon
- Sewing Down The Ribbon
Topic 10 - Sewing A Casing
- Making A Drawstring Bag
- Let’s Make A Backpack
- Backpack Supplies
- Cutting The Fabric
- Finishing The Edges
- Marking The Casing
- Forming The Casing
- Sewing The Casing
- Pin The Sides
- Sewing The Sides
- Putting The Ribbon In The Casing
- Sewing The Straps
Topic 11 - Sewing A Curve
- Using The Curves Practice Sheet
- Sewing Curves Practice Sheet
Topic 12 - Let's Make An Apron
- Apron Pattern
- Supplies Needed For Apron
- Getting Your Fabric Ready
- Cutting Out The Apron Pattern
- Cutting Your Apron Out
- Cutting The Apron Ties
- Ironing The Ties
- Finishing The Ties
- Pinning Front And Back
- Sewing Apron
- Turing Right Sides Out And Ironing Apron
- Topstitching Your Apron
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning sewing.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.