Kingston Open College
Add to basket or enquire
Complete the Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification and move into the role of a Senior Healthcare Support Worker. The average salary of a Senior Healthcare Support worker in the United Kingdom is £21,647 per year or £11.10 per hour. Entry-level positions start at £19,804 per year while most experienced workers make up to £29,499 per year. Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification is a mandatory requirement for the Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship.
Benefits of studying TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) with Kingston Open College
- Comprehensive study materials and study links are available at no additional cost
- TOTUM Pro Discount Card
- Gain an Ofqual Regulated Certificate accepted by employers worldwide
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like
- Teaching Support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course
- Job placement assistance
- Progression opportunity to UK’s top Universities
- Assignments will be accessed via an online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work
- Dedicated customer support for any technical help.
*Payment in full and cleared money is required before additional gifts are shipped to the learner
Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification is designed to support the Senior Healthcare Support Worker role.
If you already work in the healthcare sector and wish to move into the senior role, then this Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification is what you’re looking for. This qualification will also help you progress to a higher-level qualification in the same or related subject area.
Senior Healthcare Support Workers work under the direct or indirect supervision of the Registered Healthcare Practitioners to help them deliver healthcare services to people, including babies, infants, children, young people, or adults.
The Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification provides Senior Healthcare Support Workers with the knowledge, understanding and skills required in their roles. They can also use this level 3 qualification for the following specialisms:
- Adult nursing support
- Maternity support
- Theatre support
- Mental health support
- Children and young people’s support
- Allied health profession – therapy support
After successfully completing this Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification learners can progress to specialist health qualifications, an apprenticeship or to health-related undergraduate programmes.
TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) is a worldwide recognised Ofqual regulated qualification that is highly demanded by employers - gaining this prestigious accolade puts you at the top of job markets in the world.
Learners must achieve 65 credits to successfully complete this Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification. 45 credits from the 15 mandatory units and a further 20 credits from the optional units.
- Unit 1: Promote communication in care settings
- Unit 2: Promote effective handling of information in care settings
- Unit 3: Promote personal development in care settings
- Unit 4: Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Unit 5: Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Unit 6: Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Unit 7: Responsibilities of a care worker
- Unit 8: Duty of care in care settings
- Unit 9: Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Unit 10: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit 11: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Unit 12: Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Unit 13: Causes and spread of infection
- Unit 14: Understand mental health problems
- Unit 15: Study Skills for Senior Healthcare Support Workers
- Unit 45: Effective communication and building relationships in mental health work
- Unit 53: Understand child and young person development
- Unit 75: Administer medication to individuals and monitor the effects
Total Qualification Time
You will spend time as a learner studying, learning, preparing, being assessed, and participating in any other relevant activities. The Total Qualification Time (TQT) estimates how long it will take you to complete this course, where 10 hours of learning equals one credit.
TQT is for the TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) course is 650 hours.
The Total Credit value is 65.
Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
A trainer, tutor, facilitator, or education provider will work with you as a learner to fulfil the learning outcomes of the units to the required standard in an estimated average period of time.
Total Guided Learning Hours in this course are 388.
The qualification develops learners’ knowledge, skills and competence in
healthcare support settings. The qualification develops competence therefore, learners must have access to a workplace to enable an assessment to take place.
- The assessment tasks are made up of a few short assignments that you must complete in order to demonstrate general reading while referencing your work.
- The web portal should be used to submit all assignments.
- To pass, all learning objectives must be satisfied; there is no grading.
Gain this exceptional TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) certification to get ahead of your competition!
After completing the TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) course, successful students can go on to pursue speciality health credentials, an apprenticeship, or health-related degree programmes.
Who is this course for?
This TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) applies to the following:
- Those who want to work in the relevant field.
- Beginners who want to learn in-demand occupational skills in this sector.
- Those who are contemplating working in public and private health care institutions.
- Individuals who choose to learn at their leisure from the comfort of their own homes.
There are no prerequisites for enrollment in the TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF). However, learners
- Should be at least 16 years old or above.
- Should have completed level 2 in literacy, numeracy or equivalent.
This TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF) course will empower you to employ your earned expertise in a wide range of promising career opportunities, such as:
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Maternity Support Worker
- Children and Young People Support Worker
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Enablement Worker
- Adult Nursing Support Professional
- Rehabilitation Assistant
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.